aberdeen-music

Anyone work in HMV or Waterstones?

Willie2804

I got a job at WOT?erstone's two years ago because I referenced Black Books AND Father Ted in my interview. Winner!

I am aware this thread is very old. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

It's not so much the job as the chat in the staffroom. It's not that bad most of the time, but if you get a certain combination of staff in said room at the same time it can get fairly graphic. I suppose some people would be offended by it. Used to be worse but then No Pasaran moved to Edinburgh!

Ha, I heard the same thing from one of the main culprits (as he claims he was) when he moved to our shop. He is filthy though, it's great.

Haha, is that Lee? I know he moved up the road before I left Waterstones. He could be pretty bad. There were worse though, much worse. In fact one of our old managers was probably the worst/best.

That's the fella. Wasn't sure if I should name and shame him, but apparently he's been

already... We've got this ongoing competition where we try to out-filth each other. There will never be a winner. When abouts did you leave/how're you finding the shop-free lifestyle? :laughing:

I left because my PhD workload increased and I was offered a tutoring gig at the university. I'm finding myself happier and less stressed out. I do however miss a lot of the staff I used to work with, but since a lot of them have also moved on (to Edinburgh mostly) I don't feel as bad. Still pop in to say hello every now and again.

• 4 weeks later...

Could I just say that if you get a job at HMV, could you actually not have a blank look on yer bastard fizzer when asked about a band or artist that predates 2008, I thought that to get a job there you had to have a decent knowledge of music and not just be aware of what pre-pubescent girls listen to!!!!!

Anyway HMV's shite nowadays..overpriced,shit selection of goods and a staff that wouldn't look out of place in a George Romero zombie film !!!!!