aberdeen-music

Electric Guitar Strings?

TelecasterSam

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any recommendations on bass string gauges? I tune my main bass down to drop C for a lot of the stuff I play, but I reckon I need to move up to a higher gauge to counteract the buzz I've been getting from the looseness of the strings. Also, any particular brand I should try?

Some excedingly dull advice:

I'd recommend using a 5 string set for drop C. I use Rotosound 5 String Swing Bass Strings 45-130 and chuck the .045 string. I also lifted the action as well, the extra string hieght and tension gets rid of all the buzzing, though it does make playing past the 10th frett a bit of a work out!! :rockon:

Guest droid
Some excedingly dull advice:

I'd recommend using a 5 string set for drop C. I use Rotosound 5 String Swing Bass Strings 45-130 and chuck the .045 string. I also lifted the action as well, the extra string hieght and tension gets rid of all the buzzing, though it does make playing past the 10th frett a bit of a work out!! :rockon:

DDT Bass Strings | DR Strings I use the standard Hi Beam sets,expensive but they last for ages.

R&B is until 5.30 (7 on Thursdays). Dunno how much that helps though ?(

Rotosounds are ok. I don't use them. British made hence cheaper but I don't bother with them.

D'Addario are my choice as they're a little brighter and tend to last longer than the Ernie Balls (personal experience).

Fender Bullets/Super Bullets - R&B don't stock them anymore as - like with DR - we were getting them coming through oxidised (batch after batch) and so lost faith and don't keep them anymore.

:up:

The day after you posted this I went into R&B and there was a box of Fender Bullets on the desk, you lying shit ;) In fact you were standing next to me as I picked them up, went "Hmmmm" before asking for 4 packets of D'Addario's.