aberdeen-music

nh

Edgar Graham

Would have to be next month for me, only have $ not ...

...fml...fk poker and those stupid poker playing dogs...

making a very strong run tonight in the 25k on stars...5k up top for 1st, lost half my stack but then had a chance to triple back up for a good run....not to be...had both those fkrs on big aces (AIPF), wasn't much left in the deck for them :down:

11ui9ap.jpg

Must be nice to book a first! I have not had one first in an MTT in a year...plenty of 2nd 3rd and 4th, but a lot of those (especially on ipoker) have brutal payouts where really only first place pays anything significant....these are huge 5000-10,000 fields where the money starts at like 500th place...I might check out coral if the fields are a lot smaller....

When would everyone be up for the nash? I'm pretty sure you can just walk in at any time after 10pm these days and ask for a one table SNG...

What buy in/payout?

Think at the nash we can just walk in and setup a private game. Obviously we'd be dealing ourselves, but thats no problem with me. Thursdays and Fridays I'm sure there's no games on, so we can go in anytime after 7.30 really.

I'll go in past some night this week and ask John or Mike about it.

That's 30BBs. LOL?

Blinds 5/10, stacks 1000 so everyone has 100BBs to start, 20 freezeout with a cashgame for when ppl bust.

Also; I would be inclined to use Riley's as they won't take a big rake and is a lttle less formal a setting

The nash don't take a rake. Or at least, they never have whenever I've played there.

Aye whats this 30BB?!...pump it up to 200,000 chips, 1000/2000 blinds, build castles with the chips before putting them in the pot!

I'll play any structure but I do prefer more BB to start with, 30BB starting stack and the game would be finished in an hour..at a self deal table that would mean about 6 hands ;)

Whats the scoop with rileys? I've never been, would like to play poker somewhere without a roulette table...

Okay, so 100 BBs. Sorry, wasn't thinking, and was comparing it to freezouts at the nash rather than thinking it's one table.

Also, Ive no idea what chips we'd use from the nash, but if it's their tourney chips, they come in denominations of 100, so would need to make it 20,000 starting stack. Half hour blinds? 20 freezeout sounds good to me.

Ive played a couple of the private games at Riley's, and they're little fuss. Small fee for the table hire, small deposit for chipset etc, and, crucially, no rake in the cashgames which will inevitably follow. I suggest earlyish eve of a weekend - like 6.30on a Sat or similar.

Whatevs, though.

Depends if everyone is a member of Riley's though. (I am, so I'd have no problem with a game there).

And yeah, at least 80BB's to make it interesting.

Fri/Sat evenings are probably best for me, being out in the Shire and not having a car is a bit of a pest if the games turn into a marathon.....

As far as I know, the nash charge you nothing for nothing. You put a 10 deposit on cards and button for cash games which you get back, and they don't take any rake.

For the tournament chips we may need to put a deposit, not sure. I'll go past on Wednesday and ask.

My concern is that they'll rake the cashgames, or else no-one would play their games (they'd all just set up rake-free private tables).Also, I expect they would insist on a minimum 0.50/1game, which is large. 0.20/0.30 would be reasonable blinds imo

I'm not sure about the tourney, but I know for a fact they don't rake the cash games. I used to go in every Friday at 3 in the morning after working the Moorings and setup a table. They never asked for anything.

The only time I've seen them do it is when John, the manager, dealt the table for us. He then took 5 for every pot of 50 or more. Smaller pots he took nothing, and he didnt take more for bigger pots. Simply, if the pot was 50 or more, he took 5.

It sounds weird that they do it that way, but they do. I would play 1/2 cash games until 5 in the morning and they never asked for anything, but still rang the bell so we could get table service for drinks whenever we wanted etc. Good guys!

Sometimes I was generous with tips if I quadrupled my money or something, but other than that, free poker room.

I'm amazed and delighted by this. No rake is enough to get even a nit like me playing live

I have seen people playing 50NL live at the nash with no rake...its crazy that no one sees the value in this, instead they gambo it up at the G 100NL games where all the value goes down the tubes...that said, cash games at the Nash as usually 200NL and they usually mix in some 7 card omaha, pot limit super stud and other hilarities that unless you have a 20k bankroll is a one way ticket to bustoville...been there...