aberdeen-music

halo 3:recon

The Milner

YouTube - Halo 3: Recon - TGS '08 Trailer (HD)

anyone interested in this?

Its going to use the same multiplayer as the current halo 3 so that might be good, kinda seems like they are trying to extend the life of the multiplayer without having to release as many maps or updates. Might be cool tho, you dont play the chief but some other random soldier set at the same time as halo 2.

I played Halo 3 multiplayer about a month ago and it seemed really dated already. Really slow and simplistic.

I used to really love it too, but I suppose I've been spoiled rotten by the wonderful Call of Duty 4 since.

i love it, i played cod4 for a bit but to me it was a shit counter strike.

Halo is very skilled once you get used to the weapons.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

I played Halo 3 multiplayer about a month ago and it seemed really dated already. Really slow and simplistic.

I used to really love it too, but I suppose I've been spoiled rotten by the wonderful Call of Duty 4 since.

i love it, i played cod4 for a bit but to me it was a shit counter strike.

Halo is very skilled once you get used to the weapons.

Hmm, I disagree. No matter what game mode you play on halo it's always reduced to jump shoot strafe repeat.

On CoD however there are modes like search and destroy where tactics are necessary to win.

I agree with Ry, halo feels very slow and dated. Which is a shame as I used to really like it.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

Hmm, I disagree. No matter what game mode you play on halo it's always reduced to jump shoot strafe repeat.

On CoD however there are modes like search and destroy where tactics are necessary to win.

I agree with Ry, halo feels very slow and dated. Which is a shame as I used to really like it.

there are tactics to halo watch mlg and you'll see. there are many great map set ups you can learn which make the game far more interesting if you want to take it that seriously (which i do lol) you also get flag games, territories, bomb games both netural and two bomb so there is a good varitey in there.

I'm with you on this one. Nowadays Halo 3 feels wrong. The weighting of the characters is all wrong, the weapons are very unbalanced and for me COD4 just trounces it in every way. It doesn't help that Halo three has a higher degree of pricks playing it as well.

Halo three has a higher degree of pricks playing it as well.

Agreed!

I have been physically unable to bring myself to play Halo 3 multiplayer in months.

Last time I had some retard on my team crying because people were shooting him.

He sounded about 8 years old and was such a whiney little bitch.

Skull Commander's summed it up perfectly. I do like the vehicles in Halo 3, but they wouldn't work in COD4 anyway, seeing as all the levels are amazingly detailed with cover, and therefore dripping with suspense.

I sort of hope the World at War thing managed to make WWII as exciting and stealthy, but I sadly doubt it. Apparently the multiplayer characters in the new James Bond game (also based on the COD4 engine) have proper customizable statistics, which I think would be awesome if they got the balance right.

Anyway, that's a while away. Captain America, get yer Xbox fixed.

Didn't think it justified a new thread, but I got a key for the call of duty: world at war mutiplayer beta test on the xbox 360 yesterday.

It's just the same as call of duty 4, but in world war 2 trousers. Even the bloody menus are the same.

I also got a key but im waiting on my xcube coming back from the repair folks. So I can't play yet.

But surely it being like CoD4 is good, as CoD4 was ace? Also doesn't it have vehicle and attack dogs and other such cool shit?

I also got a key but im waiting on my xcube coming back from the repair folks. So I can't play yet.

But surely it being like CoD4 is good, as CoD4 was ace? Also doesn't it have vehicle and attack dogs and other such cool shit?

It does have tanks that are just like the ones in cod3. The dogs are little more than a variation on the attack heli from 4.

On one hand it's good that it's similar, but could the developer not have gone their own route instead of just directly ripping what had gone before? There is one thing to be similar but it's just like a re skinning. Smacks of lazy to me.

It doesn't feel like a new game at all, more like an expansion pack. Obviously there will be the single player side as well, but I have a nasty feeling that is going to be just another re hash too.