aberdeen-music

New Canon 5d MK2

Hog

Who needs 21 megapixels!?!! That must be over a grand to buy, right?

Just buy a good film camera and lens for 100 and bring the fun back into photography (i know that sounds terrible)!

i'd imagine it'll be nearer the 3 grand mark.

very few people need 21 megapixels as a whole but it does give you more options for cropping into pictures.

it's hard to find a good lens for 100. but it would do for fun i guess. if, like hog, you need to make money from photography then spend 3 grand.

looks like pretty good specs. be interesting to see how the iso performance compares to the d700.

Who needs 21 megapixels!?!! That must be over a grand to buy, right?

Just buy a good film camera and lens for 100 and bring the fun back into photography (i know that sounds terrible)!

For really high-res images 21 megapixels will be the business.

I don't fancy having to scan all the negs so I can then photoshop the images. Film does rock though...I still use it for personal stuff.

i'd imagine it'll be nearer the 3 grand mark.

very few people need 21 megapixels as a whole but it does give you more options for cropping into pictures.

it's hard to find a good lens for 100. but it would do for fun i guess. if, like hog, you need to make money from photography then spend 3 grand.

looks like pretty good specs. be interesting to see how the iso performance compares to the d700.

I'm not sure if it will compete with the Nikon high quality images at high iso's. I would change to Nikon if it wasnt for the fact that I have lots of Canon lenses.

I do like the fact that this camera has a 50 iso setting...nice:up:

I need some advice and I'm hoping one of our resident experts can help me out.

I have been asked to take some photos at a gig tomorrow night.

My problem is that although I'm an alright photographer but all my experience is outdoor landscapes and stuff.

I dont really do people but have been thinking about branching out lately....thinking about it is as far as I have got as I'm a lazy shit.

I dont want to fuck up and just wanted some advice on the settings I should use and just any other advice you think I need.

I'm using a Canon EOS 400D and will have my Canon EOS 300 with me as back up.

I need some advice and I'm hoping one of our resident experts can help me out.

I have been asked to take some photos at a gig tomorrow night.

My problem is that although I'm an alright photographer but all my experience is outdoor landscapes and stuff.

I dont really do people but have been thinking about branching out lately....thinking about it is as far as I have got as I'm a lazy shit.

I dont want to fuck up and just wanted some advice on the settings I should use and just any other advice you think I need.

I'm using a Canon EOS 400D and will have my Canon EOS 300 with me as back up.

Shoot manual, spot meter off their faces. Venues in town are fairly dark so dial in an iso between 800-1600 If you have 2.8 lens you will be sorted. Aim for shutter speeds of ~125th. Avoid killing the shots with straight flash. Good luck.

• Upvote 1