aberdeen-music

Does anyone here like the Violent Femmes or StellaStarr*?

faerielucas

I'm going to see this huge concert tomorrow night.. and there are 17+ bands there.... Here is the lineup...

Violent Femmes, Presidents of the United States of America, Juliana Hatfield, The Rapture, The Von Bondies, The Stills, Stellastarr*, Elefant, Laguardia, Midtown, The Fire Theft, Just Jack, The Lot Six, Streetdogs, The Unseen, The Explosion, Runner and the ThermodynamicsPLUS more bands to be announced....

from what I've been hearing.. the Pixies may show up for a surprize perfromance.

anyone have any opinion on these bands?

I listen to the best Non-corporate radio station ever... it plays everything that is good.. and it skips over the shit that most radio stations are all over. they hold this concert called "the Best Music Poll" the big thing a few years back was the Yeah Yeah Yeahs..... this year it's the femmes and Stellastarr*

Guest SweetLittleWitches
Originally posted by faerielucas:

I'm going to see this huge concert tomorrow night.. and there are 17+ bands there.... Here is the lineup...

Violent Femmes, Presidents of the United States of America, Juliana Hatfield, The Rapture, The Von Bondies, The Stills, Stellastarr*, Elefant, Laguardia, Midtown, The Fire Theft, Just Jack, The Lot Six, Streetdogs, The Unseen, The Explosion, Runner and the ThermodynamicsPLUS more bands to be announced....

from what I've been hearing.. the Pixies may show up for a surprize perfromance.

anyone have any opinion on these bands?

Will you please punch some random person's head off for me while you're there? I'll love it...and so will you

I love Stellastarr* The Stills are kinda cool, Vice did good to sign them up. The show they did recently in London sucked though I heard. My boyfriend saw the Pixies at Brixton last night and said they were fantastic. Aren't they playing a second date there tonight? I'd be surprised if they were in Boston.

Guest SweetLittleWitches
Originally posted by faerielucas:

Well, Rumour has it they are... They are very big with the station that's holding this concert... the pixies don't appeal to me much anyway... so its no biggie if they dont show.

Remember when I was obsessed with listening to Frank Black's song "Bullet"? Don actually played it on his guitar(my old guitar, which was supposed to go to Jesse ) :swearing: when I last chilled with him. Needless to say...I loved it...minus my guitar in his arms

oh and pixies are cool with me...unless it's Richy listening to them. Then I get mad hahaha