aberdeen-music

please go to see Chris T-T on Monday at Dr Drakes

cow tipper

yes everyone should! (cheers Adie!).....i didnt know anything about him (not much info on website or anywhere really!) until he played with Jim Bob last week and he was really good! ive been trying to spread the word so we'll see how it goes - although ive had nothing but nightmares with finding supports for this gig (bloody bands!)....which incidentally comes from local band PROTEGE.

doors 8pm

sharon

ah ok, NOW i find this!!.....from DiS...

Acclaimed London songwriter Chris T-T has made 4 albums since 1999. He straddles the unplugged songwriting world and the indie scene by playing both intense solo gigs and raucous rock'n'roll shows with a full backing band. His latest album 'London Is Sinking' (Aug 2003) is about a journey down the river Thames, while previous effort 'The 253' (Nov 2001) followed a bus-route through north-east London. So T-T wears his obsession with the city on his sleeve. He is also known for releasing acerbic novelty singles like 'Drink Beer' and 'Eminem Is Gay'. Jack Osbourne shouted "Chris T-T's an idiot!" in Kerrang! shortly before being admitted to rehab. The Sunday Times made 'The 253' a Top 5 Record Of The Year, saying "The finest (and maddest) British pop album of the year. Outstanding. Buy this record." It was also Critics' Choice in Time Out for six weeks' running and NME said of his live show: "A wry smile, a white knuckle ride: Chris T-T mixes a damned compulsive rock cocktail"

Originally posted by DR DRAKE:

again....tsk tsk!! how was your hangover the day after jim bob?! do you remember much?!

sharon

i was really ill. i woke up around 9am specifically to vomit then shuffled back to bed where i remained until about lunchtime. we had a good band practice that day though.

christ, i was wasted that night. i've some good photos of it though. one spectacular one of gary numan.

i was doin mefm tonight hence why i wasnt working....but i met up with jim afterwards and went for a drink (or 2) and he said it was one of those 'special' gigs - and thats sayin something for someone who works at drakes!! apparantly Chris was sayin that out of all the venues they've played drakes is just the best.....! shucks...:up::angel:

im glad it was ok attendance-wise....

shaz

it was awfy good. but he looked like someone... it may have been a curlyhaired silent bob, but i don't think so...

and it's not often i find the drummer to tell him he's ace. i almost thought about not using the strobes coz he looked crazed at times and i wondered if they were melting his brain. but no, he likes strobes, they "make everything look cool".

if only we'd had some smoke...

i should go to bed now