aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tam o' Shantie

cars/motoring forum?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

just noticed there's a fair amount of forums in general discussion dedicated to off topic stuff. any chance of a cars and/or motoring forum?

Guest Neutral
Guest Neutral
who is to say it wouldn't encourage more motor-related discussion? :up:

While we are at it why not get a forum for drinking....

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I don't drive a VW, I'm not a cruiser, I don't particularly want to speak to other Aberdonians exclusively about cars. I'm already a member of MR2ROC. I just thought that people might like to talk about cars, along with the million other off-topic topics that they discuss with each other on this forum.

I don't drive a VW, I'm not a cruiser, I don't particularly want to speak to other Aberdonians exclusively about cars. I'm already a member of MR2ROC. I just thought that people might like to talk about cars, along with the million other off-topic topics that they discuss with each other on this forum.

I'm not discouraging car discussion on here whatsoever, just also showing there are Aberdeen based car forums that are all active aswell!

This thread could be used as a way for other people on here that WOULD like to discuss cars on a car only forum to find the relevant forums if need be ;)

:up:

Really, why do people feel the need to actively discourage this? Or post reasons why there shouldn't be a car area of the forum. Fuck me, this site was 100% better when it was one or two boards. The wheat gets separated from the chaff because the chaff gets lost off the first page when noone replies.

Guest Neutral
Really, why do people feel the need to actively discourage this? Or post reasons why there shouldn't be a car area of the forum. Fuck me, this site was 100% better when it was one or two boards. The wheat gets separated from the chaff because the chaff gets lost off the first page when noone replies.

Because there are already lots of aberdeen-northern based car forums, why have a forum for cars when the domain name is aberdeen-MUSIC

Because there are already lots of aberdeen-northern based car forums, why have a forum for cars when the domain name is aberdeen-MUSIC

Well why have a books forum? Or a forum about gaming and movies?

Well why have a books forum? Or a forum about gaming and movies?

Because they are broader topics and appeal to more people. And has been pointed out before, the topic of cars is particularly well represented in dedicated forums hosted elsewhere.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I would have thought that more people drove cars than had an active interest in gaming.

Guest Neutral
I would have thought that more people drove cars than had an active interest in gaming.

I like to score whilst knocking over pedestrians

I would have thought more people have consoles and PCs than cars. What's your point?