aberdeen-music

Co Exist, Ablach, Cranial, Pryon - The Moorings - Sat May 10th

BBRX Presents:

Sat May 10th

Co - Exist - The Musical Equivalent of a Tank on Speed, Punishing Grind from Glasgow - http://www.myspace.com/coexistgrind

Ablach - Local Grindheads - http://www.myspace.com/ablach

Cranial - Technical Death Metal 3 Piece From Stoney - http://www.myspace.com/cranialdeath

Pryon - Some Fresh Faces on Aberdeens Metal Scene Who're Definately Making an Impact! Brutal Death Metal / Hardcore - http://www.myspace.com/pryon

Live At: The Moorings Bar, 2 Trinity Quay, Aberdeen

Doors: 7.30pm, Entry 4.00

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Jake Wifebeater
Aberdeen has a scene!?!

Looks like it! That was the best atmosphere I can remember at a gig, everyone really friendly and into it. Pryon were a pleasant surprise, Cranial NEED a bass and Ablach did the usual woof-woof barnstormer. BUT: shame on them for playing '91-era "Unchallenged Hate" as opposed to '88-era. I'm watching you, Toasty...

:up:

Cranial NEED a bass

yes yes, i dont know whether you intend that as an " their quite good and would be proper good with a bass" , or "they shouldnt bother playin at all without a bass, they sound shite" . Assuming its the latter(seems more likely); its not as if we DONT think we need one, more that we CANT fucking find someone who'l commit :swearing:,

We decided( after years of looking for one without success) the best way to get someone interested is to get out there and play some gigs. We dont know how well our music went across on saturday but we enjoyed ourselves and were pretty happy with our overall performance.

You never know, one day soon we might find a bassist and youl have to find something else to complain about jakey boy.:up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
yes yes, i dont know whether you intend that as an " their quite good and would be proper good with a bass" , or "they shouldnt bother playin at all without a bass, they sound shite" . Assuming its the latter(seems more likely); its not as if we DONT think we need one, more that we CANT fucking find someone who'l commit :swearing:,

We decided( after years of looking for one without success) the best way to get someone interested is to get out there and play some gigs. We dont know how well our music went across on saturday but we enjoyed ourselves and were pretty happy with our overall performance.

You never know, one day soon we might find a bassist and youl have to find something else to complain about jakey boy.:up:

You assume wrong, again. I did indeed mean that some bass would flesh out the material a damn sight better. It's potentially strong stuff.

No offence, but maybe if you weren't so defensive about any perceived slight you might stand a better chance of someone being interested in joining your band. I don't see how it's taking you so long, I put an ad on here for a bass player and within literally 2 days I'd got one who was perfect for the job! Might be summat to do with the aggressive way you come over.

I'm not complaining, there's plenty other things taking up my time than worrying whether or not you cats get a bass player but you ain't doing yourselves any favours by throwing a strop about it...

:up:

man i wasnt throwing a strop about it, mainly responding to your comment from how i percieved it. If youd said anything else in your comment then i would of known what you were meaning, but obviously when i see our performance ,which we were happy with, being reduced to 'Cranial NEED a bassist',it makes a mockery of the work we've put in. I remember speaking to you about this on the night of the gig and if i came over slightly aggressive then it was probably because

i) i was pretty pissed by then

ii) youd said to dave(our singer) ,on the night, that we ' shouldnt be playing without a bassist'

Obviously you saying that is gonna piss me off, because ,obviously,we are trying to find a bassist, and we're doing a few gigs because we're fed of sitting on a set of material we've spent years on. It would be pointless for us to not try moving forward because we havent found a bassist.

If your band found a bassist easier then good for you, but we cant help the lack of people who like death metal and can commit to our project. Seriously id appreciate it if youd stop speaking about it now, unless your mentioning it to people who play bass. thank you.

Cheers for sayin we have 'potentially strong stuff' though. :gringo: