Support Slots @ Moshulu / Pr Staff

Steven Milne

hey guys

i have a support slot for discharge at tunnels going

First come first served for it

I also have a local support for Nizlopi too

again, first come first served

-------------------------------

in future, if anyone sees a gig they fancy, email me at steven.milne@barflyclub.com (NO PMS and NO EMAILS TO HOTMAIL / PHONE CALLS if possible please) and ill sort you out if i can

------------------------

PR STAFF

we are also looking for 3 - 4 candidates for PR staff - postering town / shops and flyering along with various other tasks

Perks include free entry to gigs among other things so again, emails to the above if interested

thanks

steven.milne@barflyclub.com

Local bands that i can see being suitable for opening Discharge, (just my personal opinion btw):

Fuctoff - Teabags get yer finger out and email Steve...

Element 106 - They've come on alot recently, B-R-A-I-N....

Hijacks

Cranial

Forever Tied

There's other bands in Aberdeen which are heavy and i have alot of time for but these spring to mind as being A)available to gig right now and B)suitable for the bill...

meet to the slaughter comes to mind when I imagine headlight opening the discharge/ablach gig

do you even know who they are and what they are like?

Yes I'm well aware of who Discharge are. Bring it. We've opened for metal bands in the past, and we'll do it again. Personally, I don't really get the point in having a support band of the same genre as the main attraction - they always just end up being a shittier version.

Granted, loyal fans of Nizlopi are probably going to warm to us more than the Discharge crowd, but hell, we'll take what we get given...

Yes I'm well aware of who Discharge are. Bring it. We've opened for metal bands in the past, and we'll do it again. Personally, I don't really get the point in having a support band of the same genre as the main attraction - they always just end up being a shittier version.

at no point did I say that it should be a crusty band supporting a crusty headliner, however a namby pamby, bland, acoustic indie band supporting discharge is stupid. it does absolutely nothing for anybody involved other than filling an alloted time and makes the band and the promoter look like a (bunch of) wally (s), not to mention bore the tits out of da punx/those attending.

at no point did I say that it should be a crusty band supporting a crusty headliner, however a namby pamby, bland, acoustic indie band supporting discharge is stupid. it does absolutely nothing for anybody involved other than filling an alloted time and makes the band and the promoter look like a (bunch of) wally (s), not to mention bore the tits out of da punx/those attending.

With no offense intended to Stitchman or his band i completely second this statement.

Jake - You emailed Steve then....?

however a namby pamby, bland, acoustic indie band supporting discharge is stupid.

Fucking hell mate, put your claws away, aye? My comment about us supporting Discharge was semi-serious, as I'm sure you've realised.

No need start mouthing off about my band... granted, we're not making anyone's ears bleed, but apparently if your sound falls below a certain decibel level, you must be "namby pamby". I very much doubt your an expert on our music and you're probably basing your "bland" assertion on one gig and a very narrow mind, so I'll stop there.

Gads.