aberdeen-music

Godspeed You split.

Elizabeth

Yeh, that looks like the final nail there. At least Silver Mt Zion are still on the go and Ephraim seems to be moving into production a lot more these days too.

It was pretty obvious 4 years ago that their interest in the whole thing was waning as well.

Still they produced some cracking records though.

Great band.

Guest Steven Dedalus

And here's their response:

Pitchfork: Godspeed Still on Hiatus, Not Completely Broken Up

I have a feeling we'll hear something else at some point, although to be fair: what more can they hope to achieve? They pretty much defined their own sound and left themselves no-where else to go.

As long as they don't do a Silver Mount Zion and pretend to be Bright Eyes, I don't mind.

Guest Steven Dedalus

You know, I think "yanqui UXO" gets a lot of bad press. I remember when it first came out, and there were a lot of people very excited about it (including myself).

I don't recall anyone being that let down by it.

In fact, I thought it was great...better than 'Skinny Fists', in fact.

But yr damn right about a new direction. They need to evolve, and I don't think they can.

Guest bluesxman
You know, I think "yanqui UXO" gets a lot of bad press. I remember when it first came out, and there were a lot of people very excited about it (including myself).

I don't recall anyone being that let down by it.

In fact, I thought it was great...better than 'Skinny Fists', in fact.

But yr damn right about a new direction. They need to evolve, and I don't think they can.

I still listen to it now and then but it just doesn't do it for me in the way that the first album and Slow Riot EP did....then again, I found Mt. Zion tailed off after the first couple of releases....Hrsta's new album shows they are progressing more. IMHO of course....

Guest Steven Dedalus
then again, I found Mt. Zion tailed off after the first couple of releases........

I'm so glad someone else thinks this as well.

I thought the first two Silver mt Zion albums were incredible, some of the best music I'd ever heard... I just listen to it over, and over, and over...

Then the rest of it was a load of guff.

So yaa boo sucks, to them.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Horses In The Sky was a really great record, and ace to see done live with everyone singing and stuff.

The new one is pure pants though. No idea what's going on there.

I was offered a review copy of it, but politely declined.

Steven Dedalus - basing his musical opinions on hearsay and conjecture since 1997.