aberdeen-music

We are Scientists UK Tour

I really enjoyed it. I don't ever get bored by We Are Scientists... I did however have a great problem with the 'old' drunk couple in front of us... who after barging past thought it was appropriate to say to my friend... "What's your f'ing problem... Do you actually think he's going to be f'ing looking at you?!"... Lovely!

They put a major dampener on it! But nevermind.

And yeah, they're stage banter was good, but not as much as when I saw them in Dundee.

support is Oxford Collapse and Royworld

I forgot this and asked one of the bouncers what they were called. I thought he said "Boyworld". :(

I thought they were quite bland.

Oxford Collapse I thought were all right.

I don't have the new 'Scientist's album, but, I do enjoy hearing the old stuff live and I remembered some of the songs from the Union Chapel gig. Decent.

I was not impressed at all with the gig on Sunday, especially the sound. I know that it is usually pretty poor at the Music Hall, but I think that was the worst I'd heard it. We Are Scientists were not a patch on the last time they played, and I can safely say that their new material is gash, even live. Some of the songs sounded like fucking Duran Duran.

...Still, their first album is full of danceable indie-pop classics.