aberdeen-music

can anyone suggest a location for a music video

Graham Knight

Well there's many things you've got to take in to account for example, if you want the video to have a certain meaning or feel to it or if it has a running theme throughout or if you're just looking for a room to record your band playing in it.

I could suggest asking to use community centres or town halls for a spare room but I couldn't see them having a grand piano in them.

Elphinstone Hall at Kings - Grand space, grand piano, small stage & full AV system support. Think there are one ot two other smaller rooms with grands round the Uni as well

elphinstone.jpg

Contact this lot in the first instance:

Communications: University of Aberdeen

Otherwise, people like the National Trust For Scotland have properties with grands etc. Castle Fraser & Haddo House round here OTOH & many more nationally. Think they have a national marketing officer for location work so try Charlotte Square.

Thanks to all three of you for the suggestions.

I am trying to find a place where a professional video could be made. This enquiry is for a friend of mine called Kyle Esplin. He is a pianist/singer who plays boogie woogie style. I run a website for him.

We want to update a video that he made on a standard camcorder four years ago. Back then he was a teenager performing on a ship.

Now he is four years older, playing with more drive than ever, and we want to put his current stage show on video.

Finding a suitable venue has been very difficult but I do like the look of Elphinstone Hall and I will check out the other properties mentioned tomorrow.

This is a link to a home video of Kyle playing a Ray Charles number - "Mess Around" at his home in Forfar a few weeks ago.

YouTube - Kyle Esplin home video playing Mess Around

This is a link to the old video from four years ago

http://www.kyleesplin.com/9minshowreelh.wmv

Again many thanks for the very helpful suggestions.

keep rockin'

Graham