aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Giles Walker

Pitchfork have their top 100 tracks of the year list up

Guest Giles Walker

I just had a wee look at it and whilst there are one or two surprises in there, for the most part it is not completely shocking. Glum indie, weird heavy rock, new dance music from europe and a few straight up pop songs.

Pitchfork top 100 tracks of the year

It will be interesting to see what actually happened this year music-wise, i didn't really notice many Nme sponsored music genres coming to replace nu rave.

I'm looking forward to Mixmags top 100 and any hip hop top 100.

Yuuuaaaahh!

Guest Giles Walker
The Boomkat list is probably the only one i've remotely agreed with over the last few weeks.

It is a bit strange that it is only stuff they still have in stock and for sale that made it into the list though....

It is a bit strange that it is only stuff they still have in stock and for sale that made it into the list though....

or perhaps they are reduced....because they got into their top 100?

They've reduced a shit load of stuff, its great.

I hadn't noticed this. Doesn't hold much water with me, anyway. For me, it's the best list, so whether they're reduced cd's or not, i really don't care.

That's not suspect whatsoever.

Besides, I prefer my own list

Well it does just say it's their favourites though rather than a be all and end all, I just thought of it like my own personal list: opinionated and only stuff I have ;)

I quite enjoyed the Aversion writers lists for some reason:

Aversion.com | Interview With Various Artists

Guest idol_wild
i bet if they met you they'd hate you right back!

I would like to think so.

Guest Giles Walker

All i was trying to say was that i am sure some of their favourite tunes or albums of the year may be out of stock, deleted or not available through their distributers.

They have obviously chosen to pick the stuff they have a chance of actually selling from their website, they are a business still.

Anyway it was only a casual observation so there is no need to get so salty.

Moving on from that though, would any of you guys come and see Rustie (who made boomkats fave single of the year 'Jagz the Smack') if he played Aberdeen?