aberdeen-music

Drummer/vocalist NEEDED

The Sloth

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

Sounds good like,all my sticks are chiped to fuck as i've used them for years and back in the day i walways hit the metal sides of the toms. They are slowly falling apart. Also you may be able to help me with this drum problem,my snare vibrates like fuck all the time when i use my double kick pedal reckon you could help from stopping this ?

Hey man, if you mean movement, it's your knees, doh|!!! But i presume you mean that annoying "BUZZ" that we all get time to time.

This is very simply caused by the snare strainer (Curly wires) that produce the snap on the bottom of the snare being too loose! It's simple to sort, just unscrew the bolts from one end of the strainer to loosen it, wind the tensioner screw anticlockwise as far as it'll go and hold the snare strainer as tight as you can whilst re-bolting up (make sure that the snare is also in the off position!!).

Once all reassembled so to speak, with the bolts nice n' tight click the snare strainer back into the on position if you like! And rotate the screw clockwise hitting the snare periodically ubtill you like the sound of it, !

P.S> MAke sure that the snare skin as quite tight also!

Hope this helps my drumming buddy amigo!:cheers:

Ah Ha cheers man it was bugging me for a while.

i can always rely on a fellow skin basher to help me out.

Spd still killing ya ?

Nah, spike never kills me, blastbeats are a piece of piss slowed down, but playing them at full chat is a bit of a nightmare if your not fully warmed up, it's so easy to go out of time when playing 32's with your hands!

Yeh i find the slowish thrash style blastbeats are easier to but when doing the full double kick and full speed snare hits a killer. but then again i tend not to warm up..

any suggestions as to good warm ups

i personalyl go for simple 4/4 grooves incorporating alot of slowish fills and use of double bass a good start

Yeh i find the slowish thrash style blastbeats are easier to but when doing the full double kick and full speed snare hits a killer. but then again i tend not to warm up..

any suggestions as to good warm ups

i personalyl go for simple 4/4 grooves incorporating alot of slowish fills and use of double bass a good start

I actually think that playing double bass to start with is a very bad idea! When i warm up, i usually start playing with my right foot only, then use my left foot for the same amount of time to warm up, once i've done this as you say into the slower 4/4 stylee drum beats and so on. Dream theatre stuff is actually great for every aspect of drum warm up to highly advanced stuff, but the time signatures get on my tits!

Then after half an hour, into double bass slowly to get both feet working at the same power and same exactly opposite time! then go apeshite!!!!!:cheers::band::dunce: