aberdeen-music

The Darwin Affair

Guest bluesxman

Guest bluesxman

So...man goes 'missing' in 2002, wife receives insurance payouts, man makes miraculous reappearance in 2007 claiming amnesia, pics appear on a Panama website showing the couple together in 2006 - I think I see the flaw in the overall plan....don't get you picture taken, beauts.

it is just brilliant in it's idiocy. i love that they were undone by someone using the cunning tactic of typing their name and panama into google image search and up it popped.

can you imagine how their kids feel? they were told their dad was dead and then they find out it was all a scam.

Guest bluesxman

Darwin Family Xmas 2007 - The Plan

'Kids, Dad's alive! Let's have a holiday in Panama!'

Darwin Family Xmas 2007 - The Reality

'Kids, Dad's alive! Dad's going to jail for fraud! We owe 100,000! Your parents have got the intellectual capacity of seaweed!'

Guest bluesxman

Yeah I think there are only so many permutations of 'new DNA evidence found' - 'no actually it's no use, it's tainted'; 'McCann's holiday friends to be re-interviewed' - 'no actually they won't be' and 'new sightings of Madeline in Morocco' - 'no actually it was another blond child' that the news/papers can recycle....