aberdeen-music

Oh my god how fuggen good were Madness?!?!?!

Lemonade

My thoughts on it - they started out really slow and relaxed playing all their mid-tempo stuff and after the first half hour I actually pretty bored and beginning to wonder if they were past it. And then suddenly they kicked up right up a notch, with Embarresment, Baggy Trousers, For The Wings Of A Dove, Madness and Night Boat To Cairo in quick succession. Had the whole fucking place jumping, all ages. Really whipped em into a frenzy. That last half of the set has got to rank among the best times I've ever had at a gig, was up there with Foo Fighters. It was just fantastic. Suggs had great chemistry with the crowd.

The crowd was excellent, really noisy, loads of cheering and chanting. During the gig I didn't witness one pint being thrown, I didn't see anyone having a sneaky fag and I didn't see one mobile phone being held in the air taking videos (except mine). All good :-)

Only downside was the crush on the way out, a few bovva boys, obviously boozy starting having a wee ruck, nothing serious but everybody was in such good spirits it kinda spoiled the mood a bit. Walking up the road I passed so many people bouncing up the street singing Madness songs wearing fez's and Madness t-shirts. Excellent night, really memorable, one of the best I've ever seen at AECC, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

2nd time I'd seen them and they exceeded expectations this year. Baggy Trousers the obvious highlight for the flying saxophone player and I was really glad they played all my favourites; Lovestruck, Grey Day, Night Boat to Cairo, Tomorrow's Just Another Day etc

Bit gutted I missed the Bees. They wasn't due on till 8 according to the AECC website but was finished by time I got there at 8.05!