aberdeen-music

We Need Bands!!!

Moose

Alright everyone. My friend Jess and I are organising a fundraising gig for the Mkondazi pre-school, Nkhata Bay, Malawi. This is a non governmental pre-shool in Malawi accomodating for around 100 pupils, that Jess worked at and is in need of serious help! As it is in independant pre-school, it receives very little funding and we really want to make a difference and but - as students - it's not like we can simply right them a cheque. So, we have booked out the Tunnels to hold a fundraiser for the school and i just need bands. I was hoping to get a variety of real quality bands from around Aberdeen to sign up (I think we need about 5). I'm afraid you wont be paid but it is genuinely a good opportunity to play your music to a large group of people. We reckon just between the two of us we could get a huge crowd just out of our friends and aquantances, therefore once we've sold tickets and other bands bring people in, it promises to be nice and busy. So, if you could get back to me that would be fantastic! My own band - Static in the City (MySpace.com - Static in the City - Aberdeen, UK - Indie / Rock / Progressive - www.myspace.com/staticinthecity) - are the only band signed up thus far so please help us out! Or rather, in the hope that i don't sound like a cheesy dick, help these children out. They need it.

cheers

Dallas of SitC