aberdeen-music

Les Savy Fav

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Their new album Let's Stay Friends is easily one of my favourites of 2007. They're a band that I have liked for many years and they have developed into one of my favourites.

Any other fans?

Guest idol_wild
yeah! they're crazy good. they played an amazing set this year at ATP, with tim harrington getting a haircut onstage at the start of it.

Yeah, I was told about that! Too funny.

ATP looks pretty tasty next May...

Guest idol_wild
New album is great. Can't understand why I haven't listened to them before.

Some of their early stuff is a bit obtuse in places, I feel. The new album is wicked though. A very cohesive album.

Many fans disagree, but they're definitely a band who have improved with age in my view.

i havent picked up the new album yet...but it seems to be getting split opinions.

maybe it has to do with the NME jumping on the bandwagon?

i certianly like the older albums though. they were punk.

also, anyone remember JETPLANE LANDING??

they had a song on their new album called "Why Do They Never Play Les Savy Fav On The Radio". awesome.

also, anyone remember JETPLANE LANDING??

they had a song on their new album called "Why Do They Never Play Les Savy Fav On The Radio". awesome.

Blah, their new album is a nasty stain on their last two. I was sorely disappointed.

Les Savy Fav are very awesome. I eyed their new album the other day, but sadly didn't have enough money in my pocket to make it mine.

Guest idol_wild
i havent picked up the new album yet...but it seems to be getting split opinions.

maybe it has to do with the NME jumping on the bandwagon?

Ah, that'll explain why some of the older/wanky fans refuse to warm to the latest album.

Idiots.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

exciting live show, some great songs and some slightly duller songs. overall a decent band. 'met' tim and the dude who doesn't always play with them but was playing at ATP in the Young Dudes bar later on that night.

me: "heyyy, how's it going?"

tim & dude (nervous smile) "Hey" (walks off)

exciting live show, some great songs and some slightly duller songs. overall a decent band. 'met' tim and the dude who doesn't always play with them but was playing at ATP in the Young Dudes bar later on that night.

me: "heyyy, how's it going?"

tim & dude (nervous smile) "Hey" (walks off)

Did you do something to scare them off?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Did you do something to scare them off?

This would have been after at least 12 hours of drinking so my mere existence was probably enough to make anyone recoil in disgust