aberdeen-music

New Element EP

Hog

Should be ready at the end of this month. We have the artwork done, songs written etc.

The as yet untitled EP is going to be promoted properly this time i.e. a launch gig and will actually be available to people!

Our new songs are a lot heavier than anything we have done before and the intro song has a bit of a Neurosis/Isis kind of feel to it... certainly a bit of a departure from the usual stuff. If this song isn't creepy then I have long hair.

The EP will also feature our new bassist, Mark. The guy rocks and we are chuffed to have such a solid player in the band.

• 2 weeks later...

the drum track on killjoy is the best i've heard from chris so far.

other than that its a great all rounder. heavy as i have come to expect from element and hella tight.

the atmosphere in that middle section( 1:00 - 1:38) leading up to that mondo double bass part at 1:40 is something im not used to but hope to hear more of

then the double time guitar part beefs it up that extra bit. lots of interlocking time changey parts between the drums and guitars which i love!

i realise this has been a highly technical appraisal ( ?( ) but you get the idea.

ZeromiserY's official rating : "please sir, can i have some more?"

• 2 weeks later...