aberdeen-music

care to explain...

Aileen

with a click of my thumb you will awake from your trance...*CLICK* wakey wakey rise and shine.......

Is'nt a McFly what you get in your food at McDonalds?

Waiter Waiter, theres a McFly in my McThickShake, bring me a McSpoon so I can McFish it out.

Originally posted by psydoll:

We can only pray that The Rasmus are the first and last band that record companies are going to sign because 'they're a bit like that guy HIM aren't they? Don't the kids dig them?'

bingo. i don't like HIM, except the cover of 'wicked game' they do, because i like that song...the style of music doesn't appeal to me, therefore The Rasmus do not appeal to me.

Good Charlotte just bug me

i like the McFly song.

I can why people could like like Busted, catchy tunes, easy to dress up like, highly marketable good-looking guys.

McFly however are just utter garbage, their song is just a horrible, horrible song centred round the worlds most cliched "surf" riff. Why is it that these new poppy-rock punk bands think it gives them credibility to be influenced by the Beach Boys. The Beach Boys were a lunchbox band, however catchy they were. The song isn't even well produced or played, they made so many mistakes when they were doing it live on Top of the Pops.

And as for the Lost Prophets, dont even start me on that nonsense.

I had to endure about 25 mins of them playing in school in a class today, every song is the same. Vile.

Originally posted by Swingin' Ryan:

I had to endure about 25 mins of them playing in school in a class today, every song is the same. Vile.

What the hell!? Nobody mentioned them so dont bring them into this conversation and your point is kind of contradicting considering you listen to kid rock!*

Mcfly-their single although everything about them is wrong, is very catchy but thats all i can say about them it just shows stupid how some people are and that they'd beleive that they wrote the songs.

Rasmus are shit. Their song is shit they only got signed so the little depressing trend searching teen goths can feed off them. Enough said.*

Good Charlotte have about one or two catchy songs but thats it other than that they are quite shit. If you ever watch them play in "not another teen movie" you can see how bad they are. I mean the singer is out of tune for starters!

Ah well that was my tuppence worth.

*harsh

just something ive noticed...

to "sell out" (so is my understanding) is to go against an ideal that you stand by a 180 degree turn....

good charlotte and their like quite possibly would like to make some money, an ideal, something they stand for could very well be making money....god knows if i was in a band this would be pretty high up in my list of "to do's" (along with, of couse, bringing down the establishment,executing the queen and raping her dogs then crucifying that awful awful man up in the white house, before burning down mtv with all those evil boy bands in it)......how can they be selling out if theyre just doing what they (possibly) aimed to do in the first place?

of course if they had gone for the whole "fuck the money we want to live in squalor and be ignored by the mainstream," sorta like that dude outta amen, in the first place i could perhaps understand any unhappiness at them "selling out"....

anyhow im not a big fan......?rasmus?......but hey dont mock mcfly they saw an overcrowded marketplace and said yes i want in to....more power to them i say.....oh and the songs kinda catchy

*gets off his high horse*

Guest Tooms

I define selling out not just as going against your original morale/ideas/whatever you want to call it.

If a band lets a company dictate their decisions, plays the music that said company wants them to, in order to sell records then that is selling out! Even if that was something they wanted to do since they were kids - they've accomplished it then haven't they - they've still sold out though.

i.e not playing the music you want to, doing what someone else says in order to get that next pay packet.

Originally posted by Aileen:

why does everyone have such a problem with good charlotte?

AND the rasmus?

AND mcfly?

surely theyre not THAT bad??

Because some people believe the genres they're influenced by really meant something big once, not just musically, but personally and politically and they feel they've been reduced to sad lookng clowns in baggy shorts saying "whoaaah" a lot. Which is kinda true, but some people also need to let go and MAKE something that inspires those feelings in them.

Guest pop-notmyface

anyway. i think we can savely assume that the rasmus are a bad band. theyll never be legends of rock. or anything for that matter.

Originally posted by Swingin' Ryan:

Originally posted by Camie:

What the hell!? Nobody mentioned them so dont bring them into this conversation and your point is kind of contradicting considering you listen to kid rock!*

Hold this Sucka!

Originally posted by Aileen:

or maybe i just thought they were cos i was stupidly happy after seeing lostprophets.....they rock the boat!

it gets overplayed

personally I don't like it and am sick of hearing it every time I turn on the TV or radio, over and over, it wouldn't annoy me so much if it wasn't played ALL the time

take this mcfly for instancethey are so manufactured and famous so sudden yet they aren't that talented or anything

and it's a bit vague to say "why don't you like them" k so if you like this mcfly good charlotte, etc. I'm sure there's some music you can't stand to listen to