aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Red Neck Man

Apple monitors

Will a PC work through an Apple monitor? I wouldn't mind getting one as I do a fair amount of photography/photoshop work and I can't really afford a mac book or anything.

Cheers.

Whats so special about an apple monitor that you wont get from a normal monitor?

Will a PC work through an Apple monitor? I wouldn't mind getting one as I do a fair amount of photography/photoshop work and I can't really afford a mac book or anything.

The short answer is yes - assuming the graphics card in your PC has a DVI output. As Stripey points out though, there isn't anything special about Apple's monitors when compared with other makes and models of monitors with a similar specification.

Just a note to say, they are good monitors. But underspecced a bit now and they're kind of near their end of life now (macrumors.com do a buyer's guide for Apple products and the displays haven't been refreshed in over a year).

Good colour reproduction and very sharp but you can get better for less now. Also, very poor response times but you don't buy mac products for gaming...