aberdeen-music

last night

Skacel

Guest neil ex
Originally posted by ripple boy:

second band were enjoying themselves

haha, that's well funny!

that's about the only good thing i can say about route two. they were shambolic, though i'd rather watch a band play a completely shambolic set than a completely average set.

kathryn was great, i recognised quite alot of the songs she played.

i thought deadenstereo were ok, they didn't really do much for me though.

orwell were excellent last night, the best i've seen them. they were really energetic, and stuart's banter was spot on, very funny.

it was funny as hell when stuart asked if anyone would come up for a dance then someone told the bassist from route two to go up and the bass player from orwell anounced 'he doesn't even understand the question!'

the song orwell opened with was really good and reminded me of macrocosmica. an influence stuart?

ripple boy's listening to at the drive-in, so 'fucking mental' is probably a good thing. anyway, i was sitting with him and he definately enjoyed orwell!

I wouldn't have said they were Emo at all - I'd say muse meets the verve multiplied by heavy chordage with a hint of disco.. I rather enjoyed it.

Also- the guitarist that wasn't singing. (graig?) had a pretty beasting guitar.. lookied like parts from all different guitars???... also put an ebow to good use - although i dont think throwing it down in a fit of rock 'n' roll will do it any favours in the long run :p

Ahhh, a more accurate description....

As for the guitar, it's not made from bits of guitars. It's a Charvel Model 7 (Same people as make Jackson) tele copy. Got a deal on it in the guitar shop where I work.

As for the ebow, it was meant to land beside the monitor but decided to run off stage, and my hints to audience members to pass it back up were somewhat misconstrued. Who knows what they thought I was trying to say to them.

It's not even my e-bow either...

He is the Hunterbird.

I wrote a poem about him....

Hunterbird was born to love,

but often he has sought, like Icarus, to fly too high,

and far more lonely than he ought.

to kiss the suns of east and west,

to hold the world at his behest,

to have the terrible power,

with which only gods are blessed, but me?

I am just a man.

He plays bass guitar

And people say *my* banter's shit ;P

If you want a true description of the H-Bomb, I refer you to the fellow who told him he looked like he'd 'been caught wanking by his granny' - one of the best description ever if you ask me. He was/is occassionally refered to as 'The Guilty Bassist' for that very reason.

Or 'The Enigma'...

Originally posted by craig deadenstereo:

I wrote a poem about him....

Hunterbird was born to love,

but often he has sought, like Icarus, to fly too high,

and far more lonely than he ought.

to kiss the suns of east and west,

to hold the world at his behest,

to have the terrible power,

with which only gods are blessed, but me?

I am just a man.

http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/teaching/common/cheating_and_plagiarism.html