aberdeen-music

New Tom Waits Album

psydoll

TOM WAITS will release a new album this autumn, NME.COM can reveal.

The legendary songwriter has been writing and recording a new album, which has a working title of Real Gone, in an old school house in Mississippi.

Those close to the project have described the sessions as being "primal rhythmic blues".

Speaking about the album, Waits said: "Im feeling good about it all. There are songs about politics, rats, war, hangings, dancing, automobiles, pirates, farms, the carnival and sinning, Mama, liquor, trains and death. In other words, the same old dirty business".

The album will be the stars first since releasing two albums, Alice and Blood Money in May 2002.

Huzzah indeed! The legendary croaky voiced hero returns :up:

fucking best news I've read all year !

I love the break down of what's going to be in the lp"There are songs about politics, rats, war, hangings, dancing, automobiles, pirates, farms, the carnival and sinning, Mama, liquor, trains and death"

well, my my, some new subjects then..he he.

cracking, can't Wait (ooooh) for that one.

from anti :

Tom Waits working on new album for Fall release!

Tom Waits has been holed up in an old school house in Mississippi, recording a new album, titled Real Gone for Anti. Because, according to Waits, theres nothing quite like fresh materialall new tunes by Kathleen Brennan and myself to come out this fall. Real Gone is primal rhythmic blues featuring Waits on vocal mouth percussion, Larry Taylor (veteran of Waits recordings since 1980s Heartattack & Vine) on bass and guitar, Mark Ribot (first collaboration since their classic pairing for 1985s Raindogs) on guitar and tres, Brain Manita (Primus, Buckethead and the most recent Guns N Roses tour) on drums, Casey X. Waits on percussion and turntables, Les Claypool (Primus) on electric bass and Harry Cody on guitar and banjo. Engineered by Mark Howard (Bob Dylan, Lucinda Williams, Iggy Pop) and produced by Waits/Brennan. Feelin good about it all. Songs about politics, rats, war, hangings, dancing, automobiles, pirates, farms, the carnival and sinning. Mama, liquor, trains and death. In other words, the same ol dirty business!

I am getting excited !...

a tour ? (nahhhhh)