aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
lynettejc

Glassel gig - is it back?

i have just received, as im sure some others also have, an email from aka-ska announcing the addition of their new keyboard player and also that they intend to play at glassel this year??

to my knowledge glassel finished in 2005 but if anyone has any information contrary to this please let me know.

thanks

lynette

If that's true...that would be great!

I am a member of said ska band and yes, it would appear that Glassel is on, unless we are being hired to stand in a field...

If you book them, they will come!!!!

I am a member of said ska band and yes, it would appear that Glassel is on, unless we are being hired to stand in a field...

If you book them, they will come!!!!

Sounds promising then! Think I might go tell a few folk. Although being Deeside, it's probably spread through the farmhouses and bothies already.

Festival virgin

Hey folks

I haven't been to any sort of music festival, and I know it apparently varies one to the other, but what should I expect? I'm thinking I need wellies and deoderant :-)

Good footwear, yes. Personally I hate wellies. Also a hat/suncream if it is sunny & something a bit warmer if not. Also, always pack something waterproof in Scotland! A pack of wet wipes can be pretty useful :D A rug to sit-on also helps. Spare bog roll!

Otherwise, booze but regs on taking-in bottles & cans vary, some insist on plastic bottles only, others nothin at all so check ticket, a snack (stalls can often be expensive/have long queues). Don't pack too much tho as you will want to move around.

Otherwise, a good attitude & a will to enjoy yourself but that won't be a problem for you. :)

Just checked, the old Glassel site is still active:

GlasselGig 2004 - Home - Live music festival

The Shakes?

That was my band's old name...but we changed it because they're we're too many...surely that's not us?

If so, I know nowt about it.

EDIT: There must be another Shakes in this area 'cos I'm sure we would have spoken about this.