aberdeen-music

Roland V-drums prices?

ZeromiserY

anyone got or know how much a roland roland TD-20KBK would set me back?

yes, i did check google but it was reluctant to give away a price.

i found an american site selling this kit for the equivalent of 4899. though i dont know if this is a good way to measure. that was from $8999

can anyone help? i know that seems pricey for a kit but its still cheaper than soundproofing a semi detached hooce.

Guest bluesxman

You are looking at the 5 grand mark give or take for that model, been looking into them myself. It's the top of the range one, the next one down is less than half the price with allegedly similar sound performance.

anyone got or know how much a roland roland TD-20KBK would set me back?

yes, i did check google but it was reluctant to give away a price.

i found an american site selling this kit for the equivalent of 4899. though i dont know if this is a good way to measure. that was from $8999

can anyone help? i know that seems pricey for a kit but its still cheaper than soundproofing a semi detached hooce.

3716 @ Thomann

thats awesome. thanks for the help folks.

now, has anyone actually used this particular set? i got a dvd demo of them free with rythm magazine once but i loaned it to a guy i used to work with and its gone AWOL.

the dvd made it sound awesome.

Not played that specific set, but I have had a go on Roland kits before.....loads of cool noises and the mesh heads are a big improvement on the rubber pads, but they'll never sound or feel as good as an acoustic IMO.

Very difficult to justify the price tag unless you're planning on doing a lot of gigging or some serious home recording with it. If it's just a neighbour-friendly alternative to an acoustic kit, I'd get something else for a third of the price....at least.

Just my two penneth....

I found a TD12 on the web (from a proper shop) for 2150.

A local function/wedding band (New Revival) gigs with one but the drummer uses real hi-hats and cymbals. Awesome sounding and sounchecks take about 2 minutes. Just turn the level up or down to suit the venue.

A "friend of a friend" also had one and my friend said it was fantastic.

Too rich for my blood but the newcastle and gateshead drum shops are very cheap for the new TD3 with accessories and delivery.

I have played a TD6 and it was great for "almost silent" practise in the bedroom.

I found a TD12 on the web (from a proper shop) for 2150.

A local function/wedding band (New Revival) gigs with one but the drummer uses real hi-hats and cymbals. Awesome sounding and sounchecks take about 2 minutes. Just turn the level up or down to suit the venue.

A "friend of a friend" also had one and my friend said it was fantastic.

Too rich for my blood but the newcastle and gateshead drum shops are very cheap for the new TD3 with accessories and delivery.

I have played a TD6 and it was great for "almost silent" practise in the bedroom.

thats my plan. to use just the pads at home and use the pads and real cymbals/hats for recording and playing live. I'm setting a digital audio workstation so it'll be realy handy.