aberdeen-music

Jesus blood never failed me yet...

ragudave

I cant believe no-one has mentioned the Jesus Blood / Shaker Loops performance at the Ltree on the Monday after Trip Tych. Jesus Blood is one of the most emotional bits of music you are ever likely to hear. Its a recording of a tramp breaking into song looped over some basic orchestration. This is real post-rock !

Dave

PS the rumour goes that Tom Waits almost crashed his car the first time he heard Jesus Blood on the radio

http://www.gavinbryars.com/Pages/jesus_blood_never_failed_m.html

hey dave did u know that the paragon ensemble are playing john adams shaker loops

& gavin bryers jesus blood never failed me yet. theis is at the LT on Monday

3rd May 04. hehehe

ps paragons contemporary interpretation is astonishing. The LT should be full to see this, but it wont be

Here are the full details:

Paragon Ensemble: The Art of Repeating Yourself

Monday 03 May 2004

Tickets 8 (5 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 7pm

Show Starts: 7.30pm

John Adams: Shaker Loops

Gavin Bryars: Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet

The Glasgow-based Paragon Ensemble bring the sound of music that is very much their own to The Lemon Tree. Past masters at the tricky art of bringing contemporary music to life, the ensemble's recent performances have brought rave reviews and audiences to their feet up and down the country. This minimalist programme is made up two of their favourite things: John Adams' driving, rhythmic virtuoso work-out Shaker Loops, and Gavin Bryars' heartbreaking Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet.

This performance will open your ears and eyes. Go contemporary!

www.paragon-ensemble.com