aberdeen-music

The Needles

cow tipper

Originally posted by Plato the Greek:

An entertaining read to be sure.

A new Needles E.P in June? Good news for all who value truth, virtue and rock n roll. Also, it's heartening to see that Dave Dixon hasn't let the huge eclipsing success of his brother's band get him down too much.

Why would his brother's success get him down? Who's his bro anyhow?

I was making an ironic-type comment. Legend has it his brother is lead singer in King Liar and the Brutes although I'm not sure.

Oh, you got me there, for a moment I really thought his brother's band was succesful.

Guest tv tanned

Metro newspaper (free at Newcastle station) labelled The Needles a 'Glasgow band'.

And we wonder why few Aberdeen bands break out.

Cunts think the world stops at the Central Belt...

An entertaining read to be sure.

A new Needles E.P in June? Good news for all who value truth, virtue and rock n roll. Also, it's heartening to see that Dave Dixon hasn't let the huge eclipsing success of his brother's band get him down too much.

Its strange cos I was told over a year ago that an album was forthcoming...

It's fucked up, but one of the guys in my Dad's band is the Dad of the Drummer in the Needles. Oh yeah, and another one is the Dad of the ex-drummer of Solinus, but that's not quite as cool.

I fucking love the Needles.

The tragedy is that they have so much good material that has never been released and will never be played again, like 'Story of the Needles' and 'Tell Me You Love Me'.

Though word is that the next EP will contain 'Panic On Easy Street', which will make the world a better place.

Originally posted by Comptroller:

The tragedy is that they have so much good material that has never been released and will never be played again, like 'Story of the Needles' and 'Tell Me You Love Me'.

You're thinking of 'Ballad of The Needles', not "Story". It certainly pre-empted Bill Ely and The Catnips' use of "shut up shut up" in a song. The catch was this: it wasn't even a ballad.

They are playing a live session on Vic Galloway's show on Radio Scotland this coming Monday. And don't forget they're playing Drummonds with Andre (fucking!) Williams Sunday 2nd May. I don't think that it's quite sunk in that the man who originally wrote and recorded songs like Bacon Fat and Jailbait in the 50s is actually playing Drummonds in 2004. This is a significant thing to me.

"Made little Richard seem like Pat Boone" indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Craig
Originally posted by Bob:

Oh yeah, and another one is the Dad of the ex-drummer of Solinus, but that's not quite as cool.

Yes it is!! That's MUCH cooler!