aberdeen-music

Australian Open

Chris

Andy Murray just took the 3rd set to go 2-1 up against Rafael Nadal. Good effort considering it looked like he was injured and losing his grip on the game at the end of the 2nd.

Shame I'm at work so I'm having to listen to it on the radio, but it sounds like a great game.

Nadal said afterwards he fully expects Murray to qualify for the Masters tournament at the end of the season, i.e. finish the year in the top 8. It sounded like a cracking match and the commentators said the last set scoreline was very harsh as it was a lot closer than it seemed.

Murray needs to shout and swear. its better to shout and swear rather than take your aggression out on the ball and play shit shots eg. Safin. Sadly Murrays fitness is still not up to scratch and he was seriously waning in the 5th set. Nadal realised this and just killed him. Murray had three break points in the first game of the fifth set and that might have given him the boost he needed but he fucked it up. after that, game over. Safe to say though that with his constant improvement and fitness work with Michael Johnson hes going to be a top 5 player before too long.

I hope that Murray gets more people into tennis as fuck all people seem to play in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.

certainly more of a prospect than that eternal pair of losers henman and rusdeski ever were!

Would this be the same Henmand that was once ranked 4th in the world and won 11 tour titles including the Masters?

Or Rusedski who won 15 titles including the masters and also reached 4th in the world?

You're right, they are a pair of losers!

That attitude annoys me so much. Just because they didn't win Wimbledon (or any of the big 4 tournaments) then they're rubbish players. Yet they weren't, they were 2 of the best players in the world for 10 years.

maybe so but neither were what i'd call great players - yes good but not great and murray has the ability to go on and win grand slams which neither henman or rusedski could manage. granted they were around during the sampras years but now federer is the man to beat and in time may even go on to have a better record than sampras... and murray has already beaten federer.

Would this be the same Henmand that was once ranked 4th in the world and won 11 tour titles including the Masters?

Or Rusedski who won 15 titles including the masters and also reached 4th in the world?

You're right, they are a pair of losers!

That attitude annoys me so much. Just because they didn't win Wimbledon (or any of the big 4 tournaments) then they're rubbish players. Yet they weren't, they were 2 of the best players in the world for 10 years.

Chris I salute you. Many many times in a discussion have I uttered similar words to the ones you just said. Lets also not forget the freak year when henman was all set to win his semi final against goran ivanisevic at wimbledon, cue a shit load of rain and the game being postponed until the next day. henman couldnt get his rythem back and big goran went on to win the final aswel

maybe so but neither were what i'd call great players - yes good but not great and murray has the ability to go on and win grand slams which neither henman or rusedski could manage. granted they were around during the sampras years but now federer is the man to beat and in time may even go on to have a better record than sampras... and murray has already beaten federer.

Rusedski beat Sampras to win the masters and Henman beat (admittedly a young) Federer more than once I think.

Colin Montgomery has never won a Major, would you say he's merely a good golfer rather than a great golfer?

Rusedski beat Sampras to win the masters and Henman beat (admittedly a young) Federer more than once I think.

Colin Montgomery has never won a Major, would you say he's merely a good golfer rather than a great golfer?

Greg Rusedski made the final of the US Open in (i think) 97. Unseeded, too. I seem to recall helost in four to Rafter in the final. THat's fuckin good going

love from christy