aberdeen-music

wireless systems??

Dan G

Has anyone got or used one of these?

I have a samson one and haven't used it that much in the last 2 and a bit years.

Been thinking abou using it again due to it's good performance at a recent gig.

Was wondering if anyone else thinks they are a good idea or not.

...about 12 years back i saw a guy pick up a taxi transmission while playing at the venue...

."pick up a' the don...pick up a' the don.....right you are charlie...etc...etc..."

..breaking through over his guitar break... ..he didn't half look a twat.....i don't know which mike he was using....i guess the technology must have moved on since then.....

....that help any?

I think it's funny when people run to the back of the room and try to play, forgetting that sound travels at a leisurely 1 foot per millisecond, compared to about 1,000,000 feet per millisecond for the radio.

The look of horror as they realise that they're hideously out of time but don't know what to do about it, priceless.

Mines is alright but not great...I think it was around 330 so not cheap - but not anywhere near top of the range. It doesn't get interference, and has a great range on it.

I DO think cables give better sound quality, and I wouldn't advise anyone to get one... pointless.

..but mines was a christmas present so as far as it being something cool to have it is great!

Yeah - if you're into stage antics (jumping, leaping, spinning etc) then it might be a worthwile investement so that you don't inadvertently stand on your cable and either ruin the cable or the jack socket on your guitar. Otherwise I don't know, having never owned such a device.

Never used a guitar one as cable is better.

As for mikes, the band at my daughter's wedding told me they once used expensive radio mikes which were quite good but went back to cable mikes because drunken neds would nick the mikes when their backs were turned and run off into the crowd singing excessively loudly and badly and damaging the equipment.

Nothing like an ingnorant cunt for spoiling a gig.