aberdeen-music

Who posters/flyers for the Tunnels at RGU?

Wax

Does anyone know who does the poster and flyer drops at RGU for the Tunnels? All Snafu posters have been covered up and our flyers removed (and probably chucked, although we'd like to think they've all been picked up by eager would-be customers).

This is the second time this month we've been targeted and I don't for one minute think the Tunnels themselves have anything to do with it. Apologies Hen and Jim, we're just trying to name and shame specific promoters that lack common courtesy.

Last month, we had a female promoter (from a Tunnels-based clubnight) grafitti our toilets, as well as flyer inside the club. These methods are unacceptable are more common with the hard-dance scene than ours, so get a grip.

If anyone has any information on who or what clubnight is responsible, please send me a PM.

Well, what clubs are on the posters that have been put all over yours? I know Hen used to poster at Grays himself when I was there, but not sure if he still does since he moved to the Cavern. Plus I very much doubt Hen would cover up or tear down another clubs posters.

Plus, what RGU buildings are being affected? Is it the ones in town or the ones out at Garthdee?

Business School at Garthdee. One of our staff goes there. I'll check with her what the nights are, we're not in anyway trying to tarnish any Tunnels promoters that abide by common rules of ettiquette, neither are we blaming the Tunnels themselves. Hen helped us a great deal when we had the graffitti incident on the Dirty Hearts night.

I personally have had Wax posters in the past removed/covered by the promoters of a live music night at the Tunnels, however that was a while ago and it's not worth naming them now.

Was your posters covering a space and the there was no space left?

At Aberdeen Uni, everyone's poster is bound to get covered up eventually. It happens all the time to everyone. You should really let that one go.

Regarding toilet graffiti however, although humourous for a mere second it gets right on my nerves.

If this were the first time, or if we were the first venue this happened to, then I can understand. However, the Goodfoot guys at the Tunnels have also had their posters moved or removed just so this particular promoter can get the prime position for their posters. As I said before, I've had my Wax ones covered also. We could do the same, we have poster/flyer staff out almost 7 days a week. However, as well as this practice being extremely unsporting, the whole situation just ends up costing the promoters involved extra money in print and labour costs. I'd rather just phone them up and tell them to get a grip.

Think I may know who the guilty party is anyway.

That's shocking that someone's actually doing it to somewhere like Snafu - especially as it's tarnishing the name of The Tunnels in the process. It's ridiculous as well as there's no need to move/cover up posters - if your poster design and event are good enough, people will find them regardless of the location.

Hopefully you'll find out/break the kneecaps of the guilty party before long :)

• 3 weeks later...

aberdeen uni is terrible for posters being covered up/ripped down!

Ive seen abdn uni staff tear down ALL the posters from the outside poster boards sometimes!

Its a total free-for-all!

Im guilty of ripping down posters for covering up mine! but only because they cover mine along with having about a dozen of their own A3's over the whole board! Call it bad etiquitte but as I said its a free-for-all!

I wouldnt be surprised if RGU is the same.

Most poster places in town are alot better. except chippys and kebabs where I expect them to be ripped down my drunkards!!!

I wouldnt worry too much about Uni posters being ripped down!

aberdeen uni is terrible for posters being covered up/ripped down!

Ive seen abdn uni staff tear down ALL the posters from the outside poster boards sometimes!

Its a total free-for-all!

That was my point earlier but they do that ever monday or tuesday and friday. It's just so they clear the space for new events and get rid of old ones.