aberdeen-music

Open Tuning

feeble!

Now...

I've heard that open tuning is the way to go if you want to play slide, and I was thinking of playing around with it and maybe incorporating it into my technique if I think it sounds good, the only problem is I don't really know what open tuning is.

Anyone care to tell me?

Re the point about only tuning up a note, if you tune down and use a capo it'll be easier on the strings.

You've wowed me with your music theory knowledge Mr Christie. Do you take bookings?

Mr Maxwell - what's this about last Orwell gig. ALREADY?! Good to see you on the same bill as Deadenstereo - think you'd like each other (maybe) - top blokes. But... would this mean you'd be looking for a band???... hmm...

Guest stuartmaxwell

aye coould be last gig, bassist and drummer going other places, i still dont know what im doin when my lease is up

do you have something in mind?

I am wanting to start learning slide but the only point putting me off is that you have quite a high action to use a slide efficiently. This poses a problem because I only have one guitar that belongs to be and it has the lowest of low actions...ARGGG!