aberdeen-music

John Gillan Weekender part 1 - Beautiful Cosmos: The Words And Music Of Ivor Cutler

Jamie

Superb night. Was great to see such a good turnout and all the acts were fantastic. If I had to pick a highlight it would probably be King Creosote cracking up as he tried to get the crowd singing along in morse code to 'little black buzzer'. "dit dit dit daa daa dit"

Marvellous. Thanks, IMP, great stuff.

- and thanks to Mr Cynic for the hospitality...

Superb night. Was great to see such a good turnout and all the acts were fantastic. If I had to pick a highlight it would probably be King Creosote cracking up as he tried to get the crowd singing along in morse code to 'little black buzzer'. "dit dit dit daa daa dit"

Marvellous. Thanks, IMP, great stuff.

- and thanks to Mr Cynic for the hospitality...

lol, yeah, everytime he laughed it would jerk his accordion so you could hear him laughing in a musical sense haha.

It seems the spirit of Mr Cutler imbued the whole venue that night.

*to be read in a Cutler voice*

I was talking with Duncan the 'Cello at the bar, who advised me that he had misplaced his pint somewhere in the middle of the crowd. Unfortunately he was not confident of its return, as he had forgotten his spectacles. To resolve his difficulty, we quickly hatched a plan to assault a suitable passer-by, and rob him of his spectacles, thus allowing Duncan the 'Cello to locate his beverage. At no point did it occur to either of us that if we were to commit such a crime, we may as well just steal the unfortunate victim's pint...

I also spoke with Pictish Trail, who kindly sold me one of his recordings. I enthused over it, and him, and pressed him to sign the cover for me. He kindly agreed and asked me -

"Who should I make it to?"

"To 'the winning bidder' please" - I wittily replied, on a whim.

Needless to say, he 'bled my neb', but we laugh about it now...

It was a brilliant night!!!! I enjoyed all the sets (apart from mine), and was thrilled at playing the harmonium which Ivor used in Aberdeen.

I finally got to bed about 6.15 a.m. (about 7 hours later than my usual aul' mannie time).

'Twas another fab night on Saturday for the Arthur/Syd tribute....I actually enjoyed my own set this time, and also everyone else's :up: (Doing 'Bike' and 'Have you got it yet?' with John Cavanagh was a heap of fun.

Frosty...now you know where to come for a can or two anytime.

I also spoke with Pictish Trail, who kindly sold me one of his recordings. I enthused over it, and him, and pressed him to sign the cover for me. He kindly agreed and asked me -

"Who should I make it to?"

"To 'the winning bidder' please" - I wittily replied, on a whim.

Needless to say, he 'bled my neb', but we laugh about it now...

He will be back soon.........