aberdeen-music

[GIG] Delawair + Holy Folks @ Kilau

StewCat

amish.jpg

Delawair:

Scott Lycn - Local Alt/anti/country Acoustic God.

***************** 17 out of 10 stars - StewCat Review (cheak feedback page)

"Better Than Dylan" - Zoghurt Fanzine

"i really like it" - Alan Cynic

"Delawair are the best in the world ever!" - most people who have heard delawair

www.myspace.com/delawair

Holy Folks

Aberdeen Antifolk/Alternative Acoustic Band

"These guys are a refreshing blend of catchy melodies and folk with the occasional Camie photo thrown in for good measure!" - Rachel McLennan Review

www.myspace.com/holyfolks

hope to see you there!

www.myspace.com/stabletablepromo

www.myspace.com/zoghurtrecords

www.myspace.com/kilau_coffee

Well the first act(Fewer Emergencies I think-the singer from Fiction/Action anyway) was not bad. The guitar was good but wasn't entirely keen on the vocals. While it had good moments there was times where I felt they sounded forced. Certainly not the best but far from poor.

Delawair exceeded my expectations. I am not sure if they are accoustic all the time or if there is added instrumenets but it was beautiful. Some great songs and the guitar harmonies fitted perfectly. Definately recommended.

Was a shame that a few people left before they came on, but Holy Folks did another smashin' set. The sound at Kilau always seems to do them favours. Like beans and toast, Kilau and Holy Folks are a perfect combination. Only real criticism was that sometimes it felt like the bass didn't fit in without the drums being present.