aberdeen-music

Yes, it's that time of year: Favourite album of 2006

Sticking to rules, then Yes, Virgina - The Dresden Dolls.

But this year did have some mighty fine compact discs.

Only just started listening to Young Machettes by Blood Brothers, and its pretty damn good.

Louder Now by Taking Back Sunday is their best to date, and kept me amused for a few months.

Black Holes and Revelations by Muse was ace also.

Decemberunderground by Afi has it's ups and downs. Better than 'Very Proud of Ya', but not better than the other 5. Still, a few songs on that album that save it.

Show Your Bones by Yeah Yeah Yeahs pleased me.

Begin to Hope by Regina Spektor has also had a fair few listens this year.

But yeah, without a shadow of a doubt, 'Yes, Virginia' tops it for me. I had to check up that it was actually released this year, as it felt like I've been listening to it for at least 5 years.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tectonic - tectonic plates

isobel campbell - ballad of the broken sea's

skream - skream!

various production - the world is gone

lily allen - alright still

kode 9 and space ape - memories of the future

burial - burial

milanse - extend

amen andrews vs spac hand luke - amen andrews vs. spac hand luke

j dilla - donuts

i got kinda tunnel vision this year with the whole dubstep stuff, there are mountains of great songs out this year but great albums were thin on the ground

loved uffie, bodyrox, mstrkrft, justice, paraone, agf delay, rekid, the long blondes, the knife, modeselector, sebastian, simain mobile disco, ladyfuzz, dntel, monkey steak, virus syndicate, starkey, mrk1, loefah, coki, mala, the rapture, wonder, the killers, the glimmers, d1, skepta, jammer, warrior queen, the bug, scorcher, benny ill, darqwan, tinchy stryder, omen, tech itch, radio slave, drop the lime, professor j, pinch, mathhead, blackham, star eyes, vex'd, shackleton, kromestar, blackdown, kerby, kano, gui barrato, elemental, toasty, bass clef, benga, geiom, andy stott, virgo, mr slash, amon tobin, drop the lime, n-type, doormouse, armour and hijak, dq1, scuba, kudos and jason forrest

to name but a few that made me nod my head and smile