aberdeen-music

The Moorings has it's own backline now

Flash@TMB

We bought our own backline on Saturday afternoon. This consists of a Marshall AVT100 (100W single speaker, 3 channel with DFX, with footswitch), Fender Dynatouch Plus Deluxe 90 DSP (90W single speaker), Ashdown Electric Blue 15-180 combo bass amp (180W 15" speaker).

These amps are on par with the gear that most bands bring in, the 100W Marshall being a common choice. Although not hugely powerful, given that everything is mic'd up this works really well.

We purchased the backline primarily for our open mic night, but if anyone wants to use all or part it during a MOORINGS gig then they are welcome.

The bar already has it's own Premier drum kit with symbals, hats, snare, and pedal. I also bought a new set of skins for that.

See you at the open mic session on Sunday evenings 7pm onwards.

Flash

Guest Laura@TMB
at its worst version of "Pretty fly for a white guy"

Ha ha, indeed....

Hope some of the staff joined-in for this one. Must've been just like watching the video me thinks :laughing:

"Give it to me baby, uh huh, uh huh". Not!

Originally posted by Flash@TMB:

We bought our own backline on Saturday afternoon. This consists of a Marshall AVT100 (100W single speaker, 3 channel with DFX, with footswitch), Fender Dynatouch Plus Deluxe 90 DSP (90W single speaker), Ashdown Electric Blue 15-180 combo bass amp (180W 15" speaker).

These amps are on par with the gear that most bands bring in, the 100W Marshall being a common choice. Although not hugely powerful, given that everything is mic'd up this works really well.

We purchased the backline primarily for our open mic night, but if anyone wants to use all or part it during a MOORINGS gig then they are welcome.

The bar already has it's own Premier drum kit with symbals, hats, snare, and pedal. I also bought a new set of skins for that.

See you at the open mic session on Sunday evenings 7pm onwards.

Flash

bit of an expense just to let a load of randoms use isn't it? i'd say get them to take their own....then you wouldn't be skint..

Re: Re: The Moorings has it's own backline now

Originally posted by EPICURUS:

bit of an expense just to let a load of randoms use isn't it? i'd say get them to take their own....then you wouldn't be skint..

I'm sure people will respect the equipment, just as Flash will respect their right not to be thrown in the harbour with a breeze block tied to their feet.

• 2 weeks later...