aberdeen-music

Any gigs going for a covers band?

davidm

Hey,

I play in a recently formed covers group, "The Granite City Alleycats" and we are looking to play as much shows as possible, whether it's 'supporting' another covers band, or for whatever reason.

If anyone has any slots open for us, give me an e-mail at bouncebackability_gravy@hotmail.co.uk or PM me here.

Cheers, David

Your best bet would be to approach the pubs who put on cover bands, many of these pubs now work through promoters but i'm sure they will point you in the right direction.

Cover bands dont have support acts, this would reduce their fee.

To play a pub gig you will need in excess of two hours material, and you will need to be over 18.

Hope that helps. Oh and that band name is awful.

G...

Your best bet would be to approach the pubs who put on cover bands, many of these pubs now work through promoters but i'm sure they will point you in the right direction.

Cover bands dont have support acts, this would reduce their fee.

To play a pub gig you will need in excess of two hours material, and you will need to be over 18.

Hope that helps. Oh and that band name is awful.

G...

Yeah you've got to have a really good name like "Pie Shop" or "Helter Skelter" to be a respectable pub covers band.

Said the guy in a band called Flaming Katy

The pussy is amazing I'll bet though. "Oh you play in the band? *hic* Want to go get a kebab?! *hic*"

The Globe is a good place for covers bands if you're nae going to be too noisy. I also saw they have bands in the hog's head (the one opposite Triple Kirks) at the weekend.

The pussy is amazing I'll bet though. "Oh you play in the band? *hic* Want to go get a kebab?! *hic*"

The Globe is a good place for covers bands if you're nae going to be too noisy. I also saw they have bands in the hog's head (the one opposite Triple Kirks) at the weekend.

ha, I wish! Our singer was telling us we could play in the Hog's Head, so we may look into that.

I know the band name is really awful; we are changing it as soon as possible having only had about 5 rehearsals!

cheers for the help Graeme, all we want to do is play for a laugh, although seeing as I'm not 18 for a while yet we won't be playing pubs any time soon!

What? Granite City Alley Cats is an amazing name for a band! Lol. Only joking. I only came up with it at the last minute before we had to submit it to the promoter of our first (and the time our only!) gig.

If anyone does know of any venues on the lookout (heck, a few songs at a school disco/concert may not go unwanted given some members of our band aren't 18) please feel free to respond.

Keep jammin'

Simon

What? Granite City Alley Cats is an amazing name for a band! Lol. Only joking. I only came up with it at the last minute before we had to submit it to the promoter of our first (and the time our only!) gig.

If anyone does know of any venues on the lookout (heck, a few songs at a school disco/concert may not go unwanted given some members of our band aren't 18) please feel free to respond.

Keep jammin'

Simon

Go Kittys Go!

Ain't nothing wrong with the name.

Keep Twangin'

Bri

PS, I'll catch up with you lot later.:up: