aberdeen-music

Noise Pollution/Lost/Ghost Of Bongo/Loaded/Hot Mangu-AUBL

Camie

When I first came in it was quite empty so was thinking a lot of people decided not to come btu that was not the case....

Nosie Polltuion-Even though there was about 5-8 people watching when first played they still played with confidence and style. Have a good ol fashion seventies rock and roll style with very catchy songs. The solo's for each of the songs were brilliant and very air guitar like:P. Bassist was also good with the crowd and had a brillaint singer(as well as a very good looking one:))

Lost-At first didn't realise it was Lost as Ryan looked very different without his hat and I think( if i can remember) they have gained a bassist and an extra guitarist with Ryan just sticking to vocals only. Although some songs weren't too keen for me there was a few good catchy ones that I liked. The set in general was really Im pretty sure they are gonna progress more.

Ghost Of Bongo-Didn't have a clue who they were before they came but certaintly wont forget them now. Had a great fusion of samba/funk/jazz and rock and roll. Sounded kind of like incubus on their jazzy side and vocals sounded quite like the singer from The Score. All members were very talented and the singer has quite the voice. They definately got a good reception from the crowd.

Loaded-Weren't my cup of that much but had some pretty decent riffs and great vocals. Sounded kind of like Black Atom but not as heavy. It was a very tight performance and a good sound also.

Hot Mangu-Twas a shame they only got to play 3-4 songs in their set but was still a good show they put on and entertained the crowd while they were at it. Loved the new song and the cover(i think it was) that they finished on. "cityof the living dead" or "beggars street" weren't played though:(.

Good show aubl:) :thumbsup:

Originally posted by scottNP:

im quite peeved to travel to aberdeen from buckie, just to play 25mins! but well, gotta take the rough with the smooth i suppose.

Come on dude, 25 minutes in Kef is all anyone on a local band night is ever going to get - especially when they try and cram too many bands into one evening.

Just think yourself lucky, Hot Mangu only got 15 minutes (4 songs) cos the whole night was running so late - again this is purely because there is no need to put 5 bands on in one 3 and a half hour night.

What's everyone else's thoughts on this? I'd definitely rather go and see 3 (4 a the most) bands play a relaxed gig in which they aren't playing against the clock. It definitely affects the quality of the sound as well - for me, the gig last night sounded pretty bad. From what I can gather this was because of technical problems. If the staff had enough time in between the bands to be able to do something about this then I'm confident it would've sounded great - as other gigs in Kef have been recently. As a venue it used to be pretty well known for its shoddy sound but of late most of the gigs I've been to there have sounded excellent.

very true. we aint use to this yet, sorry!! every gig we've done in aberdeen has had only 3 bands, its all been really chilled.....(except the AUBL xmas thing last year, when there was like 9 bands on)

every gig iv been to in aberdeen has had only 3 bands on, whether it be Atom, Double Jack and Thin Lizzy, or a Drummonds battle of the bands.....id go for just the 3 bands per night on gigs like the AUBL etc puts on.

we were lucky to have got the time we did, i never realised it was gonna run late (prob did because of us!)....first time we'd played there, first time i had ever been in there! we'll know better next time (if there is one!)!!

Originally posted by scottNP:

very true. we aint use to this yet, sorry!! every gig we've done in aberdeen has had only 3 bands, its all been really chilled.....(except the AUBL xmas thing last year, when there was like 9 bands on)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Friday at Kef was also AUBL.

yeah i know it was....argh, i wish i could put my points across more clearly....damned brain!

i was meaning every gig we had done BEFORE friday had like only 3 bands on, except the AUBL xmas thing, which was our first gig in aberdeen, and had like 9 bands on.

that better? lol...

Guest highroller

the thing is....do lost have any stage presence?? not having a go just when ive seen them they look like an indie shoegazing band who dont wanna be there....

• 2 weeks later...

I think ghost of bongo got the best pa sound that night,there songs got thru better.missed noise pollution but ill get the ep fur sure.lost had some strong stuuf but the the stage was too small .

loaded........................................................ ... .

hot mangu< couldnt get the feel for it,every time I see them the sound is just crap,the PA was a toy.they have some interesting bits but r they serious?r any bands serious here?

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

the thing is....do lost have any stage presence?? not having a go just when ive seen them they look like an indie shoegazing band who dont wanna be there....

Give them a break, they were probably stoned.