aberdeen-music

Opaque/Sidca/Clive Ravensby

psydoll

Got there too late to see Clive Ravensby properly - caught a wee bit of the end of them but can't really judge them if I ain't seen them now can I? :dunce:

Sidca were unlike I expected but were good. I think I preferred the instrumental tracks or the ones with less vocals though. Not too sure whether they fit in with the music well enough for me. Heartily enjoyed them though.

Opaque are a terrifying live prospect with the darkness, the two musicians, the masking of their faces and the 45 minute songs but after a slow start (for me anyways) it all started coming together in a weird sorta hypnotic way. Very tense and claustrophobic but enjoyable for that tension. More rocking out towards the end but still staying close to the heart of the original sound I was dull of hearing at the end but bright of heart :D

Originally posted by psydoll:

Opaque are a terrifying live prospect with the darkness, the two musicians, the masking of their faces and the 45 minute songs but after a slow start (for me anyways) it all started coming together in a weird sorta hypnotic way. Very tense and claustrophobic but enjoyable for that tension. More rocking out towards the end but still staying close to the heart of the original sound I was dull of hearing at the end but bright of heart :D

The sound effect revese guitar neck tapping was too prolonged, but all in all the number

expanded well and really enjoyed the rest of the mamouth track. Couln't help but thinking of Merzbow wall of sound with guitars.

Power to Dr Darkes for putting on these events two nights running

Yeah that went on for so long I started despairing that they'd forgotten the track or something and were just playing for time ;)

Indeed much credit is due to Drakes as there's not a lot of venues that would put on something like Opaque. Shame I missed Mountain Men Anonymous but was knackered from the Fighting Cougars gig the day before.

Those who dare win! In a 'not enough money in the bank' kinda way. But it ain't about the money!!!! Note to self Jim 'you believe this... you do... NO... YOU DO!'

p.s

It was nights like those mentioned above that make me believe in what we do at Dr Drake's... Every other night yes! But these in particular... must be the artist in me the doesn't understand running a bleedin business!!!! Thanks to those that turn up for the more obscure gigs!