aberdeen-music

> > > sat 11 nov - 4 bands - all great < < <

The Ghost Of Fudge

11th November - The Moorings Bar

Fudge Fanzine present:

Obsessive Compulsive + Aluminium Babe + Contra + The Band From Uncle

9pm, tbc

The Band From Uncle:

They dont appear to have a website, so I cant tell you what they think they sound like, but lets put it like this: last time I saw The Band From Uncle they were all wearing plastic raincoats and there was a heaving, drunken crowd rabidly lapping up their every note at the front of the stage

www.myspace.com/obsessivecompulsive

"We're dirty and hungry and angry. We live in a van and spend most nights on a hard floor. We're passionate about music, individuality, independence, freedom and Jack Daniels. We don't want to appeal to the lowest common denominator, have a number one hit or play Wembley Arena. We prefer outcasts, selling our own CDs and sweaty hovels full of passionate music fans and loud, trashy music. Our supporters tend to be a bit mad, we like that."

www.myspace.com/aluminumbabe

Returning to the Moorings for their fourth gig are a band The New York Press called "an instant classic". Over 100 stations around the USA are already playing Aluminum Babe, including the great K-Roq-LA.

"Take the Cardigans, rub off their shiny surface and stick them in a filthy underground club and you may get an approximation of Aluminum Babe. But they elude simple comparison. They yank the bittersweet guitar song violently into funky disco terrain and then gently lick it with a creamy female falsetto as heard in this selection of spiky and extremely original songs. But this band are not merely austere pop fodder, and there is much more to them than your average Franz Ferdinand name-check. Aluminum Babe not only bop to disco while rocking to guitars, but they wield a sensual, subtle electronic undercurrent that could be found in some of the most obscure avant-dance corners. The moody acoustic pulse of "Dream Dancing" squeezes in among altogether more raucous, driving dance-punk energies, making for a fascinating sonic journey that is highly recommended." - (8 out of 10) Amy McGill. Rock Sound.

www.purevolume.com/contrauk

Contra have constantly tried to evolve into a genre defying outfit, whilst still remaining true to their punk rock roots and love of reggae, ska and dub. In Late 2004 Contra took a well deserved break and eventually headed to Vienna in Austria a year later to write some new material. Now Contra are gearing up for their 4th release. With a new bassist in tow, they hope to explore new avenues while staying true to their original, no-bullshit punkrock sound.

i ran a seach on it! ... i swear! don't hate me.

So what search engine did you use? Must be a pretty crap one. Even Pete could have guessed that URL. I think you're a lying c**t.

and since i have you here, when do your lot wanna play in the moorings?

Ace, it's been too long - but make sure that Sound Mark is definately available that night because I made an arse of it last time.

So what search engine did you use? Must be a pretty crap one. Even Pete could have guessed that URL. I think you're a lying c**t.

Ace, it's been too long - but make sure that Sound Mark is definately available that night because I made an arse of it last time.

right. it's you, me and a pile of ninja weapons. first one to bleed is a pussy.

you took advantage of my drunken state on saturday night to play spinny-on-the-dancefloor games, didn't you? there's the proof i was fucked.

• 2 weeks later...