aberdeen-music

Prisoner Cell Block H

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

All 692 pisodes being released, 16 eps at a time! 44 box sets by my reckoning.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/789307

I used to love Prisoner, one of many great shows on ITV in the middle of the night in the late 80s/early 90s along with the likes of Sledge Hammer and Cinemattractions. Good movies too (Hammer Horrors and cult stuff like Top Secret).

Nowadays we have The Mint. o_O

And they wonder why ITV is close to bankruptcy.

YES! I have 'Plague of the Zombies' on DVD - Cracking stuff. Never mind that Romero or 28 Days later nonsense' date=' give me lumbering fiends in a Victorian Cornish tin mine any day of the week.[/quote']

Quality post, dude!

Prisoner was watched by my entire school year in 5th and 6th year! You felt so marginalised if you missed just a single episode! Even though it was sometimes on at like, 3 in the morning, it would still be watched.

The firm favourites from the later series were:

Ernest Craven aka Alf Stewart from Home & Away getting shot.

The "seige" was beyond hilarious.

Vinegar Tits.

Chook (Susan Kennedy's) amazing escpae through the air conditioning duct - the tension was awesome!

Lexie the goth and her comedy hairstyles.

Myra as top dog

Connors the "biker chick" with "Lurch" as her sidekick.

"The Freak" saying "Back against the wall, Connors"

In fact "the Freak" was beyond amazing most of the time. Epecially when she was "hoodwinked" in the final episode!

The real mystery though was why it changed from Prisoner Cell Block H to simply Prisoner?????????

Ah, the good old days - You knew it was late night ITV because Kennedy Thompson and Robin Galloway in their cosy little studio were nowhere to be seen and it was generic voice - over time!!! I remember it well - dramatic voice - I - T - V - NIGHT TIME!!!

He used to give me roses etc.

(An amazing cover version of this song is performed by the amazing and oft forgotten Cecil - it's on the Most Tiring Day CD single. Fans of the show will love it.)

Quality post' date=' dude!

Prisoner was watched by my entire school year in 5th and 6th year! You felt so marginalised if you missed just a single episode! Even though it was sometimes on at like, 3 in the morning, it would still be watched.

The firm favourites from the later series were:

Ernest Craven aka Alf Stewart from Home & Away getting shot.

The "seige" was beyond hilarious.

Vinegar Tits.

Chook (Susan Kennedy's) amazing escpae through the air conditioning duct - the tension was awesome!

Lexie the goth and her comedy hairstyles.

Myra as top dog

Connors the "biker chick" with "Lurch" as her sidekick.

"The Freak" saying "Back against the wall, Connors"

In fact "the Freak" was beyond amazing most of the time. Epecially when she was "hoodwinked" in the final episode!

The real mystery though was why it changed from Prisoner Cell Block H to simply Prisoner?????????

Ah, the good old days - You knew it was late night ITV because Kennedy Thompson and Robin Galloway in their cosy little studio were nowhere to be seen and it was generic voice - over time!!! I remember it well - dramatic voice - I - T - V - NIGHT TIME!!!

He used to give me roses etc.

(An amazing cover version of this song is performed by the amazing and oft forgotten Cecil - it's on the Most Tiring Day CD single. Fans of the show will love it.)[/quote']

Also you forgot Murphy, 'I play the ball straight down the line'

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I think he was a writer AND he played several different roles in it.

I seem to remember him being from "The Department", whatever that was.

This thread is bloody great, Prisoner:Cell Block H and old Hammer horror films, I'm getting a tear in my eye. And it's also reminded me how much I used to love Erica Davidson.

What was the show that aired during the twilight time' date=' with a host called Casey Casem( something like that)?[/quote']

yep casey casum and america's top ten!!!

stirring a few memories this thread from times when i was unemployed and me and my flatmates used to stay up all night watching the above programmes! the mint is so shit in comparison!

prisoner was deffo me fave, yes ian 'harold bishop' smith was heavily involved in prisoner, i remember him playing a complete bastard at one time.

i went to see prisoner the musical when i lived in london, fabulous stuff especially as the woman who played the freak was actually in it!!!

yep casey casum and america's top ten!!!

stirring a few memories this thread from times when i was unemployed and me and my flatmates used to stay up all night watching the above programmes! the mint is so shit in comparison!

prisoner was deffo me fave' date=' yes ian 'harold bishop' smith was heavily involved in prisoner, i remember him playing a complete bastard at one time.

i went to see prisoner the musical when i lived in london, fabulous stuff especially as the woman who played the freak was actually in it!!![/quote']

I seem to recall the casey casum thing showing lots of old 60's stuff!?

Vinegar tits in the flesh, wow!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Vinegar tits in the flesh' date=' wow![/quote']

"The Freak" was Joan Ferguson, "Vinegar Tits" was Vera something, who later played Celia in Home and Away. Showing my age and early-life sadness here.

I seem to recall the casey casum thing showing lots of old 60's stuff!?

Vinegar tits in the flesh' date=' wow![/quote']

dont remember any 60's clips but i was usually pished on cheap cider on buckfast in those days!

and for all your prisoner needs, the official fan club web site!

http://www.prisoner-cellblockh.co.uk/

"The Freak" was Joan Ferguson' date=' "Vinegar Tits" was Vera something, who later played Celia in Home and Away. Showing my age and early-life sadness here.[/quote']

Ah, oops! :O

Obviously my early life wasn't as sad as yours, I'm making up for it now though. :help:

"The Freak" was Joan Ferguson' date=' "Vinegar Tits" was Vera something, who later played Celia in Home and Away. Showing my age and early-life sadness here.[/quote']

Did you have a crush on old Vinegar Tits, Jake????!!!!!!!!!

When you think of it, it's such an amazing name, isn't it - "Vinegar Tits"!!!

I want to watch endless episodes of Prisoner now!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Did you have a crush on old Vinegar Tits' date=' Jake????!!!!!!!!!

When you think of it, it's such an amazing name, isn't it - "Vinegar Tits"!!!

I want to watch endless episodes of Prisoner now![/quote']

Nope, it was Erica the governor who stole my young heart. Dunno about you, but I intend to shell out for this extravaganza.

Nope' date=' it was Erica the governor who stole my young heart. Dunno about you, but I intend to shell out for this extravaganza.[/quote']

i had a bit of a thing for erica too despite her buck teeth! i'm suprised a band hasnt named themselves 'vinegar tits' yet!!!

• 1 month later...