aberdeen-music

Thomas Truax + The Kitchen Cynics -Thurs 28th Sept 066

chilli

Ah the conga evening in Dr Drakes! Now that was bloody fun.:up:

yep, i was liucky enough to be at the front of that said conga, via the the upstairs seats @ Drakes through the dj booth, through the bar & back in the doors, so I am told...............

i have never ever knowingly done a conga b4 or since

I'll have some of that. I'm told you've got to see this guy once....

different venues........different perspectives, tommorow will be very intimate

& maybe a tad scary @ times?????

(probably three times is the norn, live wise there's nobody to touch him & The Dresden Dolls will vouch for that)

will I get there before tickets are sold out?

questions, questions....

I could pop in to musa after I'm done with work midday-ish and get you one, then meet you outside before the gig when the doors open? :up:

Do you remember me? Whats your name again? :dunce::laughing:

I could pop in to musa after I'm done with work midday-ish and get you one, then meet you outside before the gig when the doors open? :up:

Do you remember me? Whats your name again? :dunce::laughing:

my name... umm... good question?????

it's ok - should ge there for 8 tonight - and i'm not sure if there's 2 or 3 of us either. I'll chance it! cheers for the offer though.

my name... umm... good question?????

it's ok - should ge there for 8 tonight - and i'm not sure if there's 2 or 3 of us either. I'll chance it! cheers for the offer though.

Ah well Seth, I did offer.

But Bert, I didn't go past anyway as somethings come up.

Enjoy the gig Geoff!

o_O

that was rather splended... i really likes MUSA, but definatley not as a gig venue... the space is just too compressed and full of things i was scarrred of breaking :down:

alan played fantastic as well, always a pleasure to see him live, i love what he does with layering and stuff!! :up:

truax was fantastic, funny, and awesome as always!!! i was really annoyed i had to leave because of my last bus... saw most of my fav songs though...the only thing i didn't like about his performance was that it seemed slightly (very slightly) subdued compared to his tunnels shows

BUT... all in all i thought it was fucking awesome! annother fantastic IMP gig

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, the only downside being the heat and the thirst! Impossible to get drunk in that place. Probably a good thing actually....

Alan Cynic, Aberdeen's king of self-deprecation, played a solid set. Enjoyed the Culter cover "Beautiful Cosmos". Such a strange vocal in that song. Ooh, and I know the origin of the word Bedlam now, educational too!

Truax - genius. More of an act than a gig if you know what I mean? Wouldn't rush out to buy his CD but to see him in full flow was tremendous. His banter and improvisation was fantastic. for some reason I was imagining an episode of Quantum Leap where Sam jumps into his body while his face was in the hornicator. Now that would be an "Oh boy!" I hope people are familiar with that show or i'm talking shite. Yep, stop typing.

I enjoyed the venue, Kitchen Cynics and Thomas Truax greatly.

Great choice of drinks although a tad expensive.

I was scared I was going to break a painting though.

Downer on the night, had to leave for the last bus at 11...cept the bus didnt come and I had to waste money on a taxi, I was very annoyed as I could have stayed for the end after all that...

cheers to Interesting Music Promotions for another great event!

The diners in front of the stage were amusing. They seemed to enjoy Alan & decided to hang around for the main act. After all, if the support is that good, what's the headliner going to be like? When he started off with the hornicator their expressions and body language were priceless.

It was funny watching the looking round as if thinking "these people paid to watch this - odd they look kinda normal". They seemed to get into it though, looking much more relaxed before the reappearance of the hornicator scared them of. As Thomas said, they don't seem to like hornication.

Excellent gig though. But very hot upstairs & the ventilation (obviously not aircon) was pretty loud there.