aberdeen-music

Jamming

feeble!

Hey, does anyone else out there just jam with their friends but not play as a band?

I've started to do this recently and it's fun to the max! Just a couple of people and guitars and we made some insane bluesy riffs and stuff, like two weeks ago I played my guitar for about half an hour a week - now I can't put the damn thing down!

It gives you a real drive to get better so that you can play something cooler the next time a jam session goes on, so anyone who's just been sitting in their house playing on their own or with backing cd's check out all of your friends and see if they want to organise a jam - it's fun + gives you something to do + could end up giving you something that sounds entirely great!

Yeah, me too - I've been practicing a lot, just so I can pull out a killer lick and kick someones ass with it. Tres amusant, tres amusant. I also recroded some 12 bar blues on my mp3 and put that through some teravel speakers and practice with myself to get even better. I'm workin on speed just npw though, I got an excercsie/lick type thiong off the net and I've been playing that every now and again, I sdtill can't get it to go super fast, or even that fast at all without screwing up - it's my right arm though, I can't alternate pick without hitting other sterings. Is it all that essential? Bugger if I know. Also I found out how to make my guitar scream and squeal - it'as all in how you hold the pick I telks ya!

me and the bassist from my band don't jam with guitars as much at the moment, he's got all these wierd african instruments and didjerydoos (spellin prob wrong i know) , dejmbes and things which are fun, also, harmonicas and acoustic guitars - killer combination!

me and the drummer for my band enjoy a good drum and bass jam. we spend ages just going through some funky stuffis. We also jammed with steely glint, 2 drummers, guitar and bass last week, That was good some serious blues was going down there (While chris and ted from the sensational alex harvey band watched us, he he)

Originally posted by bryn:

nah dont think so, the whole thing was a shambles - sound was terrible plus we were playing to a bunch of 2nd year neds, i mean, wat the fuck...... it was funny tho

Erm i think u will be playing gig in the grounds as apraxia seemed to be the only band that the judges like and damn right that place was shit and full of neds

well, last i knew 50cent could sing/rap/make some kind of noise that people could bear to listen to.

did i speak to u afterwards jimmy? was it u that bought a cd? or am i delusional.......:dunce:

and nobody asked us to play any Rage or any cover of any kind......we got the crowd into our own music no probs.....