aberdeen-music

The Grim Northern Social + Level Four + Phonefreak

Sam 45

THE GRIM NORTHERN SOCIAL play cafe drummonds on September the 8th with Level Four and Phonefreak. This GNS are just off the back of supporting Inspiral Carpets and Starsailor across the country. The 2nd album "Watch Out For The Spies" has been recorded down in Cornwall (where defiantely maybe was recorded) and is due for release in the near future. A truly inspirational band - probably the best in Scotland at the moment.

www.myspace.com/thegrimnorthernsocial

www.thegrimnorthernsocial.com

Support comes from Level Four (www.myspace.com/levelfour). Their first show in the Deen since June and just off the back of recording a new demo.

Phonefreak (www.myspace.com/phonefreakmusic). Ex-Aberdeen band have re-united many years later.

Doors are at 9pm and it costs 4 pound.

Will be a great night.

Darn it, I have another social engagement that night - my Auntie's 60th!!! I've seen GNS and Ewan MacFarlane solo a ridiculous amount of times including travelling all the way to Kinloss is a blinding blizzard. Haven't seen them with their new line up or material though. Goddamn my Auntie.....

Darn it' date=' I have another social engagement that night - my Auntie's 60th!!! I've seen GNS and Ewan MacFarlane solo a ridiculous amount of times including travelling all the way to Kinloss is a blinding blizzard. Haven't seen them with their new line up or material though. Goddamn my Auntie.....[/quote']

Take her to the gig.

Sorry to fill this thread with all these posts of mine but it was good fun when the street team was all fresh faced and enthusiastic*, wasn't it? Sticking up stickers everywhere and... other street teamer stuff.

*I don't mean we have all got grimy and lack lustre, it has just sort of... faded out.

Sorry to fill this thread with all these posts of mine but it was good fun when the street team was all fresh faced and enthusiastic*' date=' wasn't it? Sticking up stickers everywhere and... other street teamer stuff.

*I don't mean we have all got grimy and lack lustre, it has just sort of... faded out.[/quote']

They never setn me any stickers :( but im all for painting Aberdene Grim again.

came in just to catch the end of a guy playing avcoustic, then saw the first half hour of GNS... glad i got to hear urban pressure, as it fucking rocks, as did the whole set come to think of it :up:up:

Shame you had to leave before the end, Ross.

Missed the part of yet another qaulitiy gig from GNS.

Try and catch Ewan MacFarlane solo acoustic, if you maybe hav'nt heard him on him on his own before, he is as good as the full band, if not even better ?

I hear he his maybe lookng for a solo gig in Aberdeen. Hopefully he and/or GNS will be back soon in Aberdeen.

Any opinions on the 2 new nembers of the band, anybody?

Angus

GNS were unbelieveable last night, probably the best i've seen them out of about 8 gigs. The new drummer is far better than the old one, and the new guitarist has an awesome guitar tone. Ewan was absolutely fantastic.....although, for a 2.5 hour soundcheck you would hope that they would be.

We had fun playing too.

Shame you had to leave before the end' date=' Ross.

Missed the part of yet another qaulitiy gig from GNS.

Try and catch Ewan MacFarlane solo acoustic, if you maybe hav'nt heard him on him on his own before, he is as good as the full band, if not even better ?

I hear he his maybe lookng for a solo gig in Aberdeen. Hopefully he and/or GNS will be back soon in Aberdeen.

Any opinions on the 2 new nembers of the band, anybody?

Angus[/quote']

they have great hair :D

On the new guys: that was the second time I'd seen them, they sound amazing, the band has a different sound now which is partly because of the style of the new songs and partly because of the new guys, either way I think it's a bit more edgy and hopefully more commercial... And they also give the band a younger and hotter image which is probably good for them :up:

I had a great time :) I can't get used to Favourite Girl not being at the end.. but the start with Connected and then Going on Again is ace. Annnd... yeah, I thought it was a bit short but I always do.

I enjoyed all the supports too although nobody seemed to care much about Phone freak.

:love: