aberdeen-music

How good was Acoustic Ladyland last night?

Guest Giles Walker

Guest Giles Walker

It was very, very good thats how good. I spent the whole gig thinking "Jeez they sound a lot like the Contortions" then before the last song the saxophone player goes "we have a new single coming out soon with James Chance, anyone heard of him?"

I shout out "Contort yourself!" and then he does the last song facing over to where we were standing. Awesome.

Although he didn't push his way into the crowd and punch a pregnant women in the face, but i guess you can't have everything.

Guest bluesxman

Twas excellent, enjoyed all the bands. Strobing Goat reminded me of Ministry which was good. One of the slower ones sounded like something off Reverend Horton Heat's Liquor In The Front album. Sound was very muddy for them and PVH. Have listened to Acoustic Ladyland's CD twice today, magic. And how someone playing drums like that with so much hair looks so unsweaty for a whole gig is beyond me.

So great night made even better by fact I won free entry ticket, but would have been happy with my lot had I paid the tenner!

I started tripping out when Acoustic Ladyland were on stage. Absolutely amazing.

I also had a vision of a gig in the future where they play with Guapo and Uncle John and Whitelock, while Twin Peaks is playing on the backdrop and David Lynch nods in time to the bands, introducing each before they go on.

That is now a mission in my life.

Guest Giles Walker

Just think, if Project VH all wore skimpy vests and tight leather trousers there would be no stopping them. They'd be on the front cover of magazines in Somerfield in no time.

"Rikki talks about the pain of constant beatings from Aberdeen hip hop dj"