aberdeen-music

Christiansen + HWG + SEA

Reider8464

SEA - quite good, a bit samey and the singer could've looked at the corwd a bit more

Hiding With Girls - were ace. set seemed quite short, but probably due to arriving late. they were really good though

Christiansen - were fucking awesome. i thought they really picked up as they went on. couldn't really hear the vocals too well unfortunately, their cd is really good. am listening to it now. how good was their finish though? dancing on teh bar playing drums, sliding along the bar, running round the audience. they were excellent. well done guys, for getting them here!

SEA - Proved why I regard them as one the top bands in the country. Were on totally rockin form :) Still tell old songs from new too easy. older tracks still have that incubus tingle bout them but the newer stuff is so like tool :D me liking.

HWG - Dang....they were awful. For me just seem to be a band full of posers. 25 min set. Thank god thats all it was ?( Got slightly better as went on but even stars cascade couldnt save their set :down:

Christiansen - I Have found a band i love :D Monster Magnet meets modern day hardcore :D oh yea. Wont be forgettin this set in a hurry. Just blew me away severly.

Big up to Ross for this gig. Good stuff :D

Originally posted by Stephen:

SEA - Proved why I regard them as one the top bands in the country. Were on totally rockin form :) Still tell old songs from new too easy. older tracks still have that incubus tingle bout them but the newer stuff is so like tool :D me liking.

HWG - Dang....they were awful. For me just seem to be a band full of posers. 25 min set. Thank god thats all it was ?( Got slightly better as went on but even stars cascade couldnt save their set :down:

Christiansen - I Have found a band i love :D Monster Magnet meets modern day hardcore :D oh yea. Wont be forgettin this set in a hurry. Just blew me away severly.

Big up to Ross for this gig. Good stuff :D

That is pretty much how the evening was described to me.

yup i agree with stephens comments on hiding with girls...that whole scene is pissin me off...they sound the same as so many other bands and they look and even move their guitars bout like a billion other bands ive noticed since i first hears siberian kiss by glassjaw...

christiansen were a refreshin change, dont think ive ever seen an endin to a set like that before...

first time ive been to a gig in the backroom, must say i was impressed...really cool venue and im lookin forward to aconite thrill, johnny turant, allergo (what a line-up!), blaze, and skirtbox and the bombjacks in future...i'm gonna miss the take tho cos its same night as tiny elvis etc at kef :(

Guest sludge
Originally posted by kirkt:

first time ive been to a gig in the backroom, must say i was impressed...really cool venue and im lookin forward to aconite thrill, johnny turant, allergo (what a line-up!),

hey! arent you forgetting another band playing that night? ;)

Originally posted by sludge:

hey! arent you forgetting another band playing that night? ;)

Yeah apparently there's some really good local support! Main stage sounds good to me!

I thought the back room gig was good. The bands were pretty cool. I bought the SEA ep and it's pretty good. Not really what I'm into but it was nice!

HWG sounded ok but didn't find them to be anything special.

Christiansen really grabbed my attention at the start but they went on to play the same song countless times and were really boring until the end with all the antics! Not a bad gig at all though! Fun fun!

Guest alex.
Originally posted by sye:

Christiansen really grabbed my attention at the start but they went on to play the same song countless times and were really boring until the end with all the antics!

exactly what i thought...

HWG were allright, great stage presence, but overall a little disappointing. the new stuff isn't a patch on their old songs...

the reason the set was so short (apparently) was because the drummer was just a stand-in and only knew about 6 songs...:(

SEA were fairly uninspiring, the first song burst in and rocked, but after that it all seemed very samey...and as for having one guitarist play half a song and have the other guitarist and bassplayer standing around...errr...?( c'mon?!

looking forward to more gigs in the back room...wierd how the pillar infront of the stage TOTALLY divided the sound...on one side it was really good, but couldn't see the band, on the other (infront of the sound desk) it was all a little muddy...

Originally posted by alex.:

SEA were fairly uninspiring, the first song burst in and rocked, but after that it all seemed very samey...and as for having one guitarist play half a song and have the other guitarist and bassplayer standing around...errr...?( c'mon?!

Sonmetimes all it needs is one guitar, we tried it before with bass + other guitar playing, but it made the whole piece sound too busy and messy. We're a band who constantly criticise our own music, and we felt that having a minimalistic approach to that part of the song suited the vocals.

We totally appreciate your comments though, in our opinion we could have played better, it was a hard set for us to play as we haven't had a gig in about 6months due to recording and writing commitments, hence why we looked awkward on stage. This will improve once we have had a bit more gig experience under our belts in the next few months. For anyone who enjoyed us, we are playing Fishstock on April 17th at Dr Drakes