aberdeen-music

I have a theory...

...That Kings of Leon are Menswear in reverse (but with decent tunes).

Think about it, KoL started off with beards playing indieish pop country, then shaved their beards off for the second album (except for the drummer). I predict for album number three that KoL will be completely clean shaven and write class indie pop.

Menswear started off as rank britpop, then by album two became rank country rock, with beards.

It makes sense to me.

Guest bluesxman

For them to have reverse mirrored careers does that not mean KOL should have made a Britpop album as their second album...and also for them to have been shit all along...I never knew Menswear made more than one album....I almost want to hear it to see what them doing country rock was like.

The second album still has a pretty big Souther-Rock feel to it, Day Old Blues actually has yodelling in it! They've said the third album (which they should have recorded by now if their proposed recording schedule was right) is going to be very 'big' sounding and more 'anthemic'. My advance prediction is that it will be amazing.

Guest bluesxman
The second album still has a pretty big Souther-Rock feel to it' date=' Day Old Blues actually has yodelling in it! They've said the third album (which they should have recorded by now if their proposed recording schedule was right) is going to be very 'big' sounding and more 'anthemic'. My advance prediction is that it will be amazing.[/quote']

I'm assuming that's KOL you are talking about?

The Menswear second album seems to be a Japan release that is quite rare over here. Damn, I'm gutted.

Menswear started off as rank britpop' date=' then by album two became rank country rock, with beards.

[/quote']

o_O I need to see proof of that.

I saw a couple of Menswear swanning around Camden a few times during their '15 mins'. I'm sure one of them had a habit of carrying a pedal bin around with him for whatever reason.

I can't see anyone that pretentious going beardie...

Guest lime ruined my life
I've got a theory!

That it's a demon!

A dancing demon' date='

no something isn't right there,

I've got a theory,

Some kid is dreaming,

and we're all stuck inside

this wacky Broadway nightmare

I've got a theory we should work this out......[/quote']

it's good but the one we were looking for was:

"it could be bunnies"