aberdeen-music

Neurosis

Guest bluesxman

Guest bluesxman

I recently purchased their 'A Sun That Never Sets' CD out of interest, great album which at times sounds like Tom Waits fronting a heavy post rock band....can anyone tell me whether any of their older albums follow the same blueprint, as I get the impression this one is a departure from previous albums? ?(

I remember getting Times of Grace by Neurosis when it first came out, after a friend recommended it, but never really got into it. It kinda sat in my cd collection for a couple of years when I decided to put it on to see why it had been sitting htere for so long, then somehow just really liked it. Enemy of the Sun is a really good album to get.

Guest Phantomsmasher
I recently purchased their 'A Sun That Never Sets' CD out of interest' date=' great album which at times sounds like Tom Waits fronting a heavy post rock band....can anyone tell me whether any of their older albums follow the same blueprint, as I get the impression this one is a departure from previous albums? ?([/quote']

Eye of Every Storm.

Neurosis + Jarobe.

Times of Grace.

Through Silver in Blood.

Souls at Zero.

Enemy of the Sun.

Pain of Mind.

Get every single one of them... just expect an evolution and a really differant sound on each album. Yet surprisingly no let downs. (note: I may be baised as Neurosis are one of my favouite bands of all time)

Guest bluesxman
i have a fair few neurosis albums which i can lend you if you like.

I'd be interested in borrowing the last couple before this one if that's cool :up:

Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets

Neurosis - Aberration EP

Neurosis - Black EP

Neurosis - Empty EP

Neurosis - Enemy Of The Sun

Neurosis - Live In Lyon

Neurosis - Live in Stockholm

Neurosis - Locust Star

Neurosis - Pain of Mind (1 of 2)

Neurosis - Pain of Mind (2 of 2) <-----Early punk days of neurosis

Neurosis - Short Wave Warfare

Neurosis - Souls at Zero

Neurosis - Sovereign <------- This rare cd rules!

Neurosis - The Eye of Every Storm

Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood

Neurosis - Times of Grace

Neurosis - Word As Law

Neurosis & Tribes Of Neurot - 1999 - Times Of Grace And Grace <----fuckin amazing if you can get it

Neurosis & Tribes of Neurot - Locust Star

Neurosis - Enemy Live NYC '94

My current neurosis that i've bought :)

Also new cd this year :D

Guest Phantomsmasher

According to studio reports, the newest Neurosis album is going to be far heavier than even 'Through Silver in Blood' was.

This pleases me muchly, although I hope to god it isn't a bad regression forced by Relapse.

According to studio reports' date=' the newest Neurosis album is going to be far heavier than even 'Through Silver in Blood' was.

This pleases me muchly, although I hope to god it isn't a bad regression forced by Relapse.[/quote']

Record labels=fuckers

Its ironic, Earache being whores.

I see where your coming from ( I know it is a pipe dream but....) I wish bands could just write good music. Its all politics and when it involves labels that I once respected things dont look so good anymore. Its all $$$$$$$$$:down: