aberdeen-music

under the bridge

Ok, a few days i was listening to radio and the start of under the bridge came on. I was chuffed to bits being an enormous Chilis fan. But then there was gaps in the guitar melody and I was disappointed to find it was the All Saints version. What the hell did they think they were doing copying such a brilliant piece of music. Did they actually think they would perform it better the the Chili Peppers?! Their version has no Vocal structure, they have tried to "jazz up" the lyrics but have just made a complete mess of them. Sorry to blabber but that song was written for someone who died and they totally massacred it! Views??

Err.. that was bloody years ago ....

All Saints have long since split up.... Arguably it kicked the RHCP back into touch and probably benefitted them more than all saints....

RHCP are mince nowadays.. i`ve seen paint dry with more artistic integritty than the utter dross that they keep pedalling out.. Jane`s Addiction last album was great.....No justice in the world.... although y`all knew that.....

it's true, By The Way is a piece of shit. I'm just hoping that this is a one album lapse. I've seen them live and they've been fantastic. All old material though. Sorry for the drunken angry post!! Hehehe...but just listen to an album like One Hot Minute. A work of art. They're still capable of that. I'm hoping for something great in their next album. Cait x

To be perfectly honest it probably wasn't a choice made by All Saints but rather by their management (?speculation?) It happens to a lot of good music though which is unfortunate eg.....

A Little Help From My Friends - maybe not the best version by the Beatles, outstanding version by Joe Cocker, and then Sam and Mark from Pop Idol happened - it just doesnt bear thinking about!!

Lover You Should Have Come Over - awesome Jeff Buckley song, covered by Jamie Cullum on his new album, isn't bad, certainly very very good live, but doesn't compare to the original

Stand By Me - Ben E King - awesome, several billion cover versions/performances - awful!

Satisfaction -the almighty Rolling Stones, and then Britney came along to do her Pop Princess thing - just doesn't work

My Generation - The Who - cool, Oasis - pish

Having said that though - some covers are cool cos they put a new twist on songs and make them sound equally as good but in a new way eg...

Frontin - RnB funky choon by Pharrel Williams turned into a jazz piece by Jamie Cullum, nice!!

Ok I'm spent!