aberdeen-music

The problem with this Government is....

Sue Denim..

They don't know when to resign. Why should Charles Clarke keep his job when he's been proved incompentent? Anyone else in any other job would have been sacked. (I know he did hand in his notice but Tony turned it down but that's just for protocol.)

This new habit of 'riding the storm' is wrong and not what the people want.

And that goes for '2 Shags' Prescott and Patricia Hewitt too.

The brass neck of this government never ceases to amaze me.

I don't see why any of them should resign for something they do in their private lives such as affairs and being gay

I do. What if their secret gay lover decides to blackmail someone in power?

Being a politician has a lot to do with gaining the publics respect. Someone who is into gay anal fisting wouldn't be a very popular minister for childrens education for example.

Why whouldn't they just be open about being gay in the first place? I mean I'm sure most MPs get into some kinky stuff with their wives; we just don't hear about it because we don't care. But if someone who says they're straight turns out to be up for some homosexual lovin then it's a big shock because they lied. If they were open in the first place then they wouldn't get into a position vulnerable to blackmail.

I do. What if their secret gay lover decides to blackmail someone in power?

Being a politician has a lot to do with gaining the publics respect. Someone who is into gay anal fisting wouldn't be a very popular minister for childrens education for example.

No but that's due to peoples small mindedness - not because the politician is doing anything wrong. What happens between 2 consenting adults is no-one's business but theirs and I don't see what diffrence it makes what job anyone has. I bet most folk reading this have done something naughty at some point in their lives.

Can someone tell me what old Pat Hewitt did please cos i missed it in the news.

Also, i totally agree with Paranoid Android - how can a government who introduced ASBOs advocate one of their own punch a member of the public!?!? Fair enough he was provoked but if everyone behaved like that in the country then it would be utter chaos!

Can someone tell me what old Pat Hewitt did please cos i missed it in the news.

She was giving a speach to the Royal College of Nurses (or something like that) and was booed, heckled etc and generally asked difficult questions which she wasn't really given time to answer. As a result she's come under pressure to resign due to the belief that most people in the NHS have no faith in her.